• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    "He told me he needed money to get some more drugs. He told me about 15th and Pennsylvania and today he is dead," said Thomas Hutchison, Hampton's brother-in-law.
    Christopher Hampton's family says he didn't own or carry a gun, so they question what happened.
    Really? It sounds like Hutchison had foreknowledge of the crime to be committed. I wonder if he was aiding and abetting in some fashion.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Interesting to see the difference in firearms, one being a S&W the other being a Saturday night special Jennings Bryco.

I put money on it, the Good Guy was carrying the S&W.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "He told me he needed money to get some more drugs. He told me about 15th and Pennsylvania and today he is dead," said Thomas Hutchison, Hampton's brother-in-law.

So, your brother in law told you he needed a hit and that he was going to 15th and Penn to jack some urban pioneer yuppies?:dunno:

If my brother in law said he needed to get high, I'd call a rehab center. If my brother in law told me he was off to rob someone AT A SPECIFIC LOCATION, I'd call the po-po and tell them about it. So, Hutchison just sat there on the couch while his beloved family member was off to hurt someone or get himself hurt???

Sometimes the mind boggles.:n00b:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    This reminds me of how the news media responded to any officer involved shooting during my tenure with the Cincinnati Police.

First thing they would do is go to the family and get a twenty-year old picture of the dead suspect, preferably from his first communion or wearing a cub scout uniform.

Then they go interview the neighbors who would describe what a great guy he was, how he always shared his crack and how he would give his poor mother money every time he robbed someone.

And of course if he's under 50 years old he's always referred to as a "youth."

Nothing changes.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Another one bites the dust, Another one bites the dust, and another one is gone, and another one is gone, and another one bites the dust...
    Anyone here as old as I am ?????

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Perhaps the victim could sue the robbers family for allowing the shooter/victim to be robbed, thus making them part of a conspiracy that leads to felony murder. Little round and about, but if you want law suits, ehh... They had knowledge, and a means to prevent a felony murder. Since a life was lost while commiting a felony, that charge goes to the ones commiting the felon regardless of who pulled the trigger. Hell, charge the dead villian with his own murder. I know there is no duty to stop a crime, so it would be just as bogus as the family going after the shooter.

The preceeding, is mostly sarcasm, but not completely so no purple text was used.

To the articals credit though, it only takes 1 bullet to stop a threat, it's called the "last bullet fired" as the preceeding bullets didn't do the trick.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I feel for the shooter. Most of us carry but I'm guessing none of us want to live with the fact that we shot someone. No matter how much the dead guy earned a good shooting, the shooter may still struggle with having been tapped by God to take the trash out that day. I hope it all works out for him. He did good.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    One took him down. The other three ensured he wouldn't get back up and sue.

Really it only takes 1 slug to take someone down? Really? "Slug" as in SG slug, or some type of ammo caliber, or rifle caliber, etc.. It takes "x" number of shots until the threat is no more PERIOD!

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    "Four slugs to the chest. It only takes one slug to take a person down. Why four?" Hutchison asked.

one slug from a 2-bore will put anything on the ground

but seriously though. 4 slugs to the chest in a situation like that might be the result of an emptied magazine. if I am in a situation like that, I'm going to start pulling the trigger when its aimed at his feet. shots to the legs can stop someone just as easily and much less fataly, and I'd rather let the recoil work for me rather than fight it. ie your aim goes up slightly with each round fired, so I'd rather each round bring me closer to the damage zone than away from it. so if one round is in his leg, the other in the floor below him, four in the chest and 3 in the door from after he fell... thats 8+1

I imagine buck fever gets worse when there's a person instead.

phil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol
    Does anyone else get the feeling that the thugs mom is trying to finish the job for their son? He tried to rob this guy...it didn't work....so we'll sue the guy...at least we'll get a few bucks..................

Top Bottom