• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuayThaiGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I have heard that the Ruger and Butler Creek 10 22 mags are the go to brands for magazines. Are either of these better or is there another brand I should look at?
    I'm primarily looking for 25 round mags.

SolubleSpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Granger and Purdue
    On the Ruger side of things, the BX-25 (25 rounds) is excellent. And the Buttler creek hot-lips and steel-lips mags are also great. Either way you go, they are the high capacity mags of choice for the good ol 10/22.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Ruger

I use Ruger BX25's only. I used to use the Butler Creeks but when they get dirty they tend to stop working very well. The Rugers can be disassembled and cleaned.

I have a new Mag coming to try out that I just found out about. It hold 25 in the mag with 20 extra on the side

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I have two of the ruger 25 round mags. My friend managed to make one hiccup once, but I attributed it to the mag not being fully seated. Tapped the mag, racked it, and it kept going.

MuayThaiGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Hendricks County
    One thing that I like on the butler creeks over the ruger was that they are clear and you can see your rounds left. Is this worth considering or am I just being silly in thinking that I wont just shoot until the mag is empty:D

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    kinda silly since you wont be able to see the mag while you are shooting. Get the ones with the steel lips though i feel like they are more reliable

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Better than Rugers 25 round mags? And they are $10 more expensive than the Ruger

Not better from my experience. The TI25 is adjustable and definitely needed adjustments to work reliably. The Ruger worked fine out of the box. The TI25 was arguably the best before Ruger came out with theirs last year.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Better than Rugers 25 round mags? And they are $10 more expensive than the Ruger

I would say yes because they are fully adjustable in how they seat in the gun. That's not saying the Ruger ones aren't reliable though. Sure, they take a little extra time to set up, but they work everytime and are worth the extra $10 IMO

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My 10-22 seems to be the exception to the rule, because my bx-25 mags jam up just like any other. I get them nose diving into the front of the mag all the time. It's a frustrating event and it makes me want to smash my little rifle against a log when it turns into a jammomatic. I'm glad to hear other people are having such good results with their ruger mags, but mine haven't been the holy grail that others seem to have found. My 10-22 and I are having a little "time out" because of the jamming mags. It's just too frustrating to take out shooting for now.

Lobb40118

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Earth
    I also want to get the real rugger mag next time out. I have had a couple cheap versions and they are hit and miss on feeding.

acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    In order that i like them. All .22LR is dirty and mags should be cleaned as needed.

Ruger BX25
    Butler Creek Steel Lips
    Tactical Innovation (3rd because of price)
    Ruger 10rd box

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    The TI mags are nice but

The TI mags are nice if you are only using them in 1 or 2 guns but I have 30 firearms that use that mag and it is not time effective to have to adjust them to work with each gun. With the Rugers I can just pop them in and go

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    have the gatling bolt-on for two 10/22's side by side. we go thru lots of 22 rimfire ammo with this setup. FUN, and cheap to shoot. Been thru 5-6 mfgr's of mags, and now only use the BX25 from Ruger. The lips wear off the plastic mags too easily, so the steel lip advice is spot-on.....now, for the money go buy the Ruger! get several, so there is less waiting.....and you can keep the barrel warm

Top Bottom