• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I need to send a letter to a nearby property owner. The address listed on the deed showing the person's address (not the address of the property but that of the owner) is no longer valid. It appears there was a divorce and apparently the person moved. I've looked in mycase and doxpop for clues but I've got nothing later than about summer of last year. In fact the address shown from last year is now a vacant lot.

Are there any of those people locator websites worth the money? Is there another (reliable) way to locate the current address of the person?

Thanks in advance.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I use Beacon but you need to click into it a bit to find the owners address. It's free.

Enter state, country and click 'view map' option
    Find the parcel and left click. You'll see a popup with the owner's name and sometimes the address. If the address is missing There is a hyperlink at the bottom of the popup for 'report'. Click that and look at the section titled "Owner-Auditor's Office".

It's the best I have. Hope it helps.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I use Beacon but you need to click into it a bit to find the owners address. It's free.

Enter state, country and click 'view map' option
    Find the parcel and left click. You'll see a popup with the owner's name and sometimes the address. If the address is missing There is a hyperlink at the bottom of the popup for 'report'. Click that and look at the section titled "Owner-Auditor's Office".

It's the best I have. Hope it helps.
    Thanks. That looks to be the equivalent of Elevate. That's what the Lawrence county records are available from. I see the counties I think I need aren't there. :(

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Thanks. That looks to be the equivalent of Elevate. That's what the Lawrence county records are available from. I see the counties I think I need aren't there. :(
    google:

_____(your county) property tax records

There are a few different versions of the same thing. I don't know of any IN county that isn't online now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    google:

_____(your county) property tax records

There are a few different versions of the same thing. I don't know of any IN county that isn't online now.
    Thanks. But it points me back to Elevate.

My problem is I don't think she owns any property other than the one she owns with her sisters. As far as I know only her sister lives at the property and I can't find a current address for the person in question. (It doesn't help she has a fairly common name either...that makes searching much more tedious).

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Thanks. But it points me back to Elevate.

My problem is I don't think she owns any property other than the one she owns with her sisters. As far as I know only her sister lives at the property and I can't find a current address for the person in question. (It doesn't help she has a fairly common name either...that makes searching much more tedious).
    I misunderstood your comment. I thought you mentioned you needed counties that were not on Elevate, so I suggested you start with the county and find either beacon/elevate for what you needed.
    But if they don't own property then a property record search will obviously lead you nowhere.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    You might try Zabasearch

I haven't used for a while but it does give you names and addresses for free. If you wanted more information you'll have to pay for it

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I live in a rural area, when I need an owner for permission to be on there property and can’t get the info from the plat book, I drive to the court house and find out where (the physical address) they send the tax bill. This may or may not be an option for you. Good luck.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You might try Zabasearch

I haven't used for a while but it does give you names and addresses for free. If you wanted more information you'll have to pay for it

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

It seems like all these sites are the same. I've tried a few of them and the look and feel is the same on all of them.

It gave me some cities she might be in but no address.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I live in a rural area, when I need an owner for permission to be on there property and can’t get the info from the plat book, I drive to the court house and find out where (the physical address) they send the tax bill. This may or may not be an option for you. Good luck.
    Yeah, the problem is the person I'm looking for is an owner but doesn't live at the owned property. I'm trying to find the person's current mailing address.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't live on one of my properties but the property tax statement is still mailed to my residence.
    Understood. The address on the tax statement is no longer valid. I guess since one of the person's siblings lives at the property, they are paying the taxes so an invalid address on one of the owners is not an issue.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Yeah, the problem is the person I'm looking for is an owner but doesn't live at the owned property. I'm trying to find the person's current mailing address.
    OK, I guess I thought the owner and the person that pays the tax were one and the same and would be at the address the tax bill was sent to. I tried. Best to you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    OK, I guess I thought the owner and the person that pays the tax were one and the same and would be at the address the tax bill was sent to. I tried. Best to you.
    Yeah, that would be the norm I suppose. Three siblings technically own this, only one of them live there (that I can tell). The one I’m looking for is being hard to find.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Tough one. Sounds like all the more common methods have been tried and didn't help (e.g. Elevate, Beacon, free name search engines). One thing (although I assume you've already tried it) is to Google her exact name and also the city you think she now lives in (e.g. "John Smith Zionsville Indiana"). There will be a lot of irrelevant info, but by going through dozens (or hundreds of) pages of results, you might find something that is a hit. I've done that before and often find a clue that gets me to the desired result. Of course, it just depends on whether she has any real web (even secondary) presence at all.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Yeah, that would be the norm I suppose. Three siblings technically own this, only one of them live there (that I can tell). The one I’m looking for is being hard to find.
    Then the property may be in a trust, family, living, or otherwise. And if so the tax records would show that. Along with the contact info. And it may be an attorney. If that is the case he/she can relay messages. Again best of luck.

Top Bottom