• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The .45 acp is a good caliber for the beginning reloader. There is lots of good reloading Data developed over the last 100 years and it is a pretty forgiving caliber to reload. The compact pistols may be a little picky with bullet shapes, but the full sized pistols do not seem to have problems with 200 gr Semi wadcutters. Round nosed bullets feed fine in anything. Bullseye pistol powder is a smoky powder but works fine. I hate to clean firearms, so I don't use it any more. Hodgdons TiteGroup, Clays, universal clays, International clays, HP-38, WW 231, WST, Power Pistol, American Select, Green dot, VV N340, Accurate #5, 700X are all powders I have used with good results. I am sure I have missed some others I have tried since 1972. I do not bother "developing" loads for the .45 acp. Whatever the data book says as a powder charge range, I pick a number right in the middle and load it. The .45acp is not fussy, just stay with published load data.

I have TiteGroup, 231 and Clays in my cabinet right now. I guess they are my favorite.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    SURE they do!!
    It's called "Sharpie Marker". :D
    IMG_1563-Copy-Copy.jpg

Oh, and...I hope you're really a chick. Because...

IMG_1067-1.jpg

Heh. :cool: :D

:laugh:That's just cheatin...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Jet girl, I don't know what your asking. Like I said above, .45 is easy to load. In 35 years of reloading it, I have never been surprised with any problems. Some other calibers can be tricky, and may get someone into problems. The original post mentioned an inexperienced reloader.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Jet girl, I don't know what your asking. Like I said above, .45 is easy to load. In 35 years of reloading it, I have never been surprised with any problems. Some other calibers can be tricky, and may get someone into problems.

Just wondered why ".45" would be considered a "a good caliber for a beginner". I guess you kinda sorta answered your opinion.

Top Bottom