• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donno

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2023
    SC
    Thanks for the ad folks. Glad to be here. I’m going to be making several trips a year to Indy for business, where do you recommend going for powders and other components in and around the city. Tia

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    There are a few.
    Plainfield shooters supply has some powder but it is limited in selection.
    @Brian's Surplus in Kokomo has a large selection and quantity of powders, primers, brass and tooling and Is a site advertiser here.
    Cabelas has powder as well, check online for availability.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Indy has no reloading shops or big box stores that are even remotely stocked with reloading components anymore.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Does anyone think a Reloading only type business could survive in Marion County?. Could it even make enough profit to pay the bills and pay the owner enough to make $500 bucks a week in retirement income. I kinda don't think so with internet sales and big price discounts for the big boxes. I doubt selling primers powder and projectiles and tools would be sustainable

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Does anyone think a Reloading only type business could survive in Marion County?. Could it even make enough profit to pay the bills and pay the owner enough to make $500 bucks a week in retirement income. I kinda don't think so with internet sales and big price discounts for the big boxes. I doubt selling primers powder and projectiles and tools would be sustainable
    I don't. There is no way to guarantee supply for store sales, so reloading only is a very difficult business to sustain during drought periods. If you have no / can't get inventory to sell, there's no point in being in business.

The supply of reloading supplies is probably the most volatile in the entire firearms business. Sure, you'll always find one bottle of Hornady LeverRevolution powder in stock somewhere but that doesn't cover the bills. And unlike firearms, there's not (realistically) a market for used powder and once fired bullets.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't. There is no way to guarantee supply for store sales, so reloading only is a very difficult business to sustain during drought periods. If you have no / can't get inventory to sell, there's no point in being in business.

The supply of reloading supplies is probably the most volatile in the entire firearms business. Sure, you'll always find one bottle of Hornady LeverRevolution powder in stock somewhere but that doesn't cover the bills. And unlike firearms, there's not (realistically) a market for used powder and once fired bullets.
    Years ago i that about starting a store up called "Bud's Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms". BATF for short :)
    It would be like a mini mall where there would be three separate stores Alcohol store on the far left, Tobacco store in the middle, and Firearms store on the far right :)

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Years ago i that about starting a store up called "Bud's Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms". BATF for short :)
    It would be like a mini mall where there would be three separate stores Alcohol store on the far left, Tobacco store in the middle, and Firearms store on the far right :)

The insurance alone would be staggering. Lol

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy

Agreed

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

With the supply situation there's just no way to have a "reloading shop" anymore. You'd be sitting there guarding empty shelves.

It would have to be part of a surplus store/FFL/sporting/etc, but all of those are drying up due to supply issues too.

Top Bottom