• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I think maybe I figured this out. Here are pics of my reload room and practice range.
    picture.php
    [/IMG]
    picture.php
    [/IMG]
    picture.php
    [/IMG]

OK Tom Terrific wins! :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Progress.

I posted some pictures in Jan. (post #326) of the laundry/junk room that I hoped to someday turn into a reloading room. Well it does not have an indoor range but at least I finally have a dedicated reloading area and sturdy bench. Much yet to do but this is already working out quite well for me.

Before: :rolleyes:

MyDillon550B074_zps4f9e60dc.jpg

MyDillon550B073_zpsc256e96b.jpg

MyDillon550B072_zps8742991c.jpg

And these taken just a few moments ago. :D

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom060_zps74d20522.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom047_zps1926681f.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom062_zps8a147e4f.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom058_zpsa43c278a.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom059_zpsba8ed28c.jpg

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Comming along.

Making things a little more comfortable and homey. Stained the walls and added a new light switch cover (Have gun,will travel) and a neon Remington bar sign. :)

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom065_zps8946b9c4.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom070_zpsd5cc9a0b.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom073_zpsbe2f1cad.jpg

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Wow , I looked at every page , I must be bored , you guys have great dedicated spaces to reload and get away ...now I need to start

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Getting better.

And some more progress. Closed up the opening to the crawl space above the desk with 2x4 framing and a sheet of plywood stained and installed shelves on same. Removed some of the old laundry room plumbing and painted the nasty walls that were last painted in 1970. Beginning to feel like home in here! Added some,"shot-shell lights" to the gas pipe over the sink to brighten things up! :) Still cannot find suitable curtains or material.

PS: For those interested in a little history. My dad built this room in the basement for our mother in 1959 (I was ten years old at the time). It was the laundry area from the time he built the house in 1949 but in '59 he partitioned the basement into three rooms. This one became not only the laundry but her sewing and crafts room. The green Formica tables were removed from an AFNB bank branch he was remodeling at the time The L shaped one that is now the reloading bench was her sorting and folding table for the laundry. The lower one that now is my desk was her sewing table. For over 50 years there was a Singer portable sewing machine where this laptop now sits. My mother and sister passed away last October and my wife and I just purchased this house I was raised in from her estate (my six surviving brothers and sisters). The work I have been doing in this room over the last several weeks is being done only in the evenings as my days are consumed with redecorating (painting, carpets,linoleum, drapes etc. throughout the entire house as nothing had been done to it since about 1985 (Dad was sick and passed away in 1992). In the last month I have replaced most of the plumbing (and moved the laundry upstairs to my old bedroom). In addition I have found it necessary to replace all of the electrical system, upgrading the service panel to circuit breakers from fuses and bonding the system as it still had 1940's wiring with no third wire ground. We hope to complete the remodel and finish moving in by the end of this month.

PS: Also painted that,"God awful mustard yellow door", a nice shade of grey.

PPS: Update: It is now the fifth of July and we STILL have not completely finished the move. It seems every time I finish one part we find something else that needs to be done! :rolleyes: Maybe by this fall? :( My shooting is no doubt gone completely to hell in a hand-basket as there is NO time for the range this summer! :xmad:

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom075_zps8b1cd05a.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom079_zps1b01004b.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom091_zps4ec1ed41.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom152_zps77097575.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom147_zps1c2e80f5.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom117_zpsec7f0ab0.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom166_zps6772da96.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom170_zpsec92fc2b.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom176_zps3090eafd.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom179_zpse9271a0f.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom175_zps6e7280ae.jpg

Last edited:

Grant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Nothing to exciting - very slow moving but very relaxing.
    reloadbench.jpg

Just built the new bench this weekend - last one was to low.

Last edited:

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    all i can say is jealous ... very nice... i see you cast bullets, i just started trying that ... fun,fast,cant wait to get them loaded up & screamin out the barrel :)

ruggiedj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Man looking through all these pics makes me want to make a reloading room of my own. Some great ideas and really nice rooms.

Top Bottom