• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twolfe82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Corydon IN 47112
    Just spent 10 hours cleaning and reorganizing my reloading room. So tired, but worth the time. It's so nice having a clean room.

Anyone have pics of their reloading room? I'd like to see..

A few things have changed in three months - I got my Dillon back from my buddy, and a bit more gear too.

Then -
    2nvfi1z.jpg

Now -
    2ywsmlw.jpg

Then -
    10gyc94.jpg

Now -
    30lnoxy.jpg

Then-
    bfm2ig.jpg

Now -
    2je75zp.jpg

Congrats on having one of the nicest reloading rooms I have ever seen. Does it have a cool entrance through a bookcase door or is this located in the Bat cave?

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    That means you have 13 days to build a new bench, buy more brass, powder, other various goodies and lift a few weights to get your arm in shape. Come Christmas morning you'll be ready to rock! :D

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    There's a Dillon 550 under the tree at my house as well. Finishing up my basement reloading area so I'll be ready to roll after Christmas. Brass, powder, primers and bullets are all in the house ready to go.

indianabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Lol yepper only thing is finding powder bullets and brass ! Am sure the 650 will bolt in the same place where my 550 was before the ex wife ran off with it!

indianabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Lol I can laugh about it now ur correct she wasn't into reloading just upset when I gave her her walking papers

Stryker1025

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I wanted to post my reloading area for INGO folks as I got a lot of the inspiration from this site to build a bench and work area. I cleaned out a space in the garage and with the help of two frinds (one an electrician) was able to build a great bench and set up dedicated electrical outlets with breaker switch specifically for the reloading area, track lighting (LED Bulbs expensive but less heat standing underneath them) that was free along with all the electrical (scraps and remodels that we throwing it away). All I had to do was buy the wood, lunch & dinner until the project was completed.

I used the NRMA (Nat'l Reloading Mfg Assn) Classic design for a reloading bench and decided against the doors on the shelving (I like the open concept)- building plans are free at www.bulletin.accurateshooter.com and you can see versions of this bench on this thread as well as google it. Then I got the T-Track idea from here and Ultimate Reloader website which I really like as I can move things easily, increases versitility, and I can build different plates for fastening other items to the bench if needed without creating holes in my bench. I got the T-Track from Peachtree Woodworking Supply as I found there prices very good and the quality of the aluminum track was what I wanted. The bench is 8ft long by 32" inches wide- I'm 6'3" so I built it taller than the plans suggested and the extra width is no problem for me to reach things to the back of the shelf or on top. I used 3/4" B/C plywood, it's sturdy and you will have a softer finish on the top of the bench while still saving a little on cost of higher grade plywood using B/C. I considered different materials for the top that were tempting, but I really wanted the T-Tracks and I just like the look of wood. The space beneath the bench will eventually have a drawer on caster wheels that are recessed so I can keep the depth of the drawer and highth of the items I put under the bench with as much room as possible. I have already noticed I will need to router a small area at the bottom so my compressor will fit under the bench face at the bottom (once underneath there is plenty of room- just need a little room to get it under). Otherwise it's great to get out and work on some reloads, listen to music, or tinker in the garage when needed. Thanks INGO for all the helpful advice, room/bench pics, and suggestions; much apprecaited photo 1.JPG photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 4.jpg

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I wanted to post my reloading area for INGO folks as I got a lot of the inspiration from this site to build a bench and work area. I cleaned out a space in the garage and with the help of two frinds (one an electrician) was able to build a great bench and set up dedicated electrical outlets with breaker switch specifically for the reloading area, track lighting (LED Bulbs expensive but less heat standing underneath them) that was free along with all the electrical (scraps and remodels that we throwing it away). All I had to do was buy the wood, lunch & dinner until the project was completed.

I used the NRMA (Nat'l Reloading Mfg Assn) Classic design for a reloading bench and decided against the doors on the shelving (I like the open concept)- building plans are free at www.bulletin.accurateshooter.com and you can see versions of this bench on this thread as well as google it. Then I got the T-Track idea from here and Ultimate Reloader website which I really like as I can move things easily, increases versitility, and I can build different plates for fastening other items to the bench if needed without creating holes in my bench. I got the T-Track from Peachtree Woodworking Supply as I found there prices very good and the quality of the aluminum track was what I wanted. The bench is 8ft long by 32" inches wide- I'm 6'3" so I built it taller than the plans suggested and the extra width is no problem for me to reach things to the back of the shelf or on top. I used 3/4" B/C plywood, it's sturdy and you will have a softer finish on the top of the bench while still saving a little on cost of higher grade plywood using B/C. I considered different materials for the top that were tempting, but I really wanted the T-Tracks and I just like the look of wood. The space beneath the bench will eventually have a drawer on caster wheels that are recessed so I can keep the depth of the drawer and highth of the items I put under the bench with as much room as possible. I have already noticed I will need to router a small area at the bottom so my compressor will fit under the bench face at the bottom (once underneath there is plenty of room- just need a little room to get it under). Otherwise it's great to get out and work on some reloads, listen to music, or tinker in the garage when needed. Thanks INGO for all the helpful advice, room/bench pics, and suggestions; much apprecaited View attachment 24248 View attachment 24249 View attachment 24250 View attachment 24251
    I built the same bench 30 years ago. Mine looked that neat for about 20 minutes. I like the idea of routing a channel for the lock down for bench top items. I'd be interested to hear if you are able to tighten items down enough when applying leverage to the press. You can check my profile album pic to see what your bench is going to look in a few days !

Stryker1025

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Amboy49- using the T-Tracks with 3/8 bolts for the star tighten bolts- heavy duty for this application, have had no problems with leverage on my press. As you see I double stack 3/4 inch plywood for my base with a press mount and there is zero play in it. The only adjustment I will make shortly is to grind out a spot in each track at 4ft middle if bench so I don't have to slide the tighten bolts to each end of the bench to remove them, this way I can place them mid-line and slide or remove them without affecting the integrity of the track. On more tip- when placing your T-Track in the bench, note the front track is Right on front edge but the rear track is 12 inches behind it so it's very strong displacing pressure.

Stryker1025

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Amboy49- using the T-Tracks with 3/8 bolts for the star tighten bolts- heavy duty for this application, have had no problems with leverage on my press. As you see I double stack 3/4 inch plywood for my base with a press mount and there is zero play in it. The only adjustment I will make shortly is to grind out a spot in each track at 4ft middle if bench so I don't have to slide the tighten bolts to each end of the bench to remove them, this way I can place them mid-line and slide or remove them without affecting the integrity of the track. On more tip- when placing your T-Track in the bench, note the front track is Right on front edge but the rear track is 12 inches behind it so it's very strong displacing pressure.
    You bench looks well used friend, I saw you have several presses, I could tell from photos how you were mounting the presses or if you change presses frequently. If you do, these bench set up will allow you to swap presses quickly and you won't have any issues with leverage- thanks

flatbroke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    whereigothereiam
    I was looking at all of the great reloading setups here last week and I can say there are some serious reloaders out there. Very envious of those taking the leap and jumping on that. I always loved reloading as a kid with my Grandfather and Dad but have not done any for over 50 years. I seen all the setups here and it give me the ,why the hell don't I do that? Its fun, even if you don't need it right away.

Top Bottom