• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    2e20572a-07ba-4379-abc4-b971892645ad_zpsdc1b9250.jpg

I will admit that this is a work in progress. My brother-in-law and I wanted a reloading room. So we talked my father into letting us occupy an unused and unfinished part of the basement. Just so happens that Dad already had an old RCBS rock chucker, powder dump and scales. I purchased a used Lee turret press and 4 sets of turrets/dies on INGO. My BIL picked up an RCBS case cleaner. Dad cleaned off an old work bench and mounted the presses. So here you have it.

My Dillon SDb went back to the shop for a rebuild and will be back next week. If this idea of a shared reloading room works for us I will move that press down there as well.

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    photo 2.JPG pic of my new brass prep setup. chamf and deburring now or can clean pockets ect maybe even trim (i use a worlds finest trimmer for my 223 brass). Two drills on special at menards for 16.99ea and some scrap wood. $34 bucks and works great!

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Ha hey thanks. no duct tape made its way into this one. The zip tie came because i got a slight crack in the wood. Guess my countersink hole wasn't a large enough diam for the screw? oh well. Thanks for the feedback!

antiquejd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Columbia City
    Very impressive. I would be interested in hearing how you decided on the layout. Did you start with a smaller area and expand? Did you inventory what you thought you were going to have and design around that? I recently purchased a gun shop's reloading equipment including a Dillon 550B, a Lyman Turret Press, and a Shotgun press along with multiple powders bullets, brass, dies, etc. I am struggling to know where to start to build an efficent layout. I have considerable space available and an empty area to begin with. Any thoughts?

Rooster 308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Lansing, MI
    Very impressive. I would be interested in hearing how you decided on the layout. Did you start with a smaller area and expand? Did you inventory what you thought you were going to have and design around that? I recently purchased a gun shop's reloading equipment including a Dillon 550B, a Lyman Turret Press, and a Shotgun press along with multiple powders bullets, brass, dies, etc. I am struggling to know where to start to build an efficent layout. I have considerable space available and an empty area to begin with. Any thoughts?

Leave plenty of room for yourself. I like a fairly long bench with plenty of space above the press(es) for add ons(I salivate when I see the case loaders). I also like a higher bench height from the floor. Sturdy of course. I had a lot of shelving built for components and other "stuff". I like simple so I have mine organized from prep through finished product in order of steps. Sort,clean,prep,load,store. It's really up to you.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Got a little more done on it today. Gotta go get some more lights. I'm trying to get all the bench painted before I get the epoxy down on the floor.
    attachment.php

IMG_20140124_155035_774.jpg

No reason to bump thread for something so minor, but got some of the commonly used components on the bench.

attachment.php

IMG_20140125_153236_467.jpg

Last edited:

raptorracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Wow guys. Keep up the good work. We have to be reloaders in this day in age... can't go to the store and buy at a reasonable price anymore. I just wish i could reload .22 ammo!!!
    Will try to post pics of my area later but nothing compared to these...

Wow guys. Keep up the good work. We have to be reloaders in this day in age... can't go to the store and buy at a reasonable price anymore. I just wish i could reload .22 ammo!!!

I like the organization of the powder in the first set. How many different calibers do you load>

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

I remember several years back there were actually kits out there to reload .22 rimfire... If I remember right the cost savings were either negligible or negative, lol. Out of abject curiosity, is anyone still making those?

DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    WOW...I really need to clean my reloading area after looking at some of your pics guys!!!

OK...after looking through every page of this thread my gun room TRULY SUCKS!!! Man some of you guys have some pretty sweet reloading areas. I'm inspired to redo mine and hope to post a few pics when updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattinindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Just spent 10 hours cleaning and reorganizing my reloading room. So tired, but worth the time. It's so nice having a clean room.

Anyone have pics of their reloading room? I'd like to see..

A few things have changed in three months - I got my Dillon back from my buddy, and a bit more gear too.

Then -
    2nvfi1z.jpg

Now -
    2ywsmlw.jpg

Then -
    10gyc94.jpg

Now -
    30lnoxy.jpg

Then-
    bfm2ig.jpg

Now -
    2je75zp.jpg

very nice set up. a lot of investment but pay i can imagine the savings doing it yourself

Top Bottom