• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tp222

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Laporte
    As I finish cranking out another 2k rounds of 9mm on my 3 hole Lee press I decide a upgrade can wait no more. I am wondering if there are any reloading shops in NWI besides Kemps, I am in the market for a hornady LNL and don't want to go to the big box stores any more than i need to. I generally go to kemps but they are a lee shop and I want to evolve a little. Dillon presses are not out of the realm but right now i think a LnL ammo plant might fit the bill the best.

Dolton916

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Porter County
    I'm in NWI, and if you don't want Cabela's or Bass pro, you're kinda out of luck. I bought my first Dillon from Profire because they're supporters here.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I know Granger guns has reloading supplies, but not sure on presses.
    LEN'S gun shop (strictly reloading stuff now) didn't have any when I was there last, about 2 yrs. ago

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Hmm, looks like northwest indiana needs a reloading shop. Someone should open one up.

Thinking about it. Stay at home dad fresh out of business school looking for some supplemental income. Thought about getting my FFL and start selling some stuff. Reloading stuff would be number one on my list. I am also in NW Indiana and struggle to locate stuff.

I bought a used Dillon off a friend and fellow INGO'er. It is a square deal model. Happy with it thus far. Way faster than my LEE setup. Looking forward to shooting this summer.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    The Gun House in Saint Joseph is a Dillon dealer, the few times I needed something in a hurry they had it on hand and The Hit Factor in St. Joe also stocks reloading supplies.

Dolton916

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Porter County
    Hmm, looks like northwest indiana needs a reloading shop. Someone should open one up.

Hmmm kinda makes me think of the old quote about how to make a small fortune drag racing... start with a big one...

I think as a sideline to something that would pay the bills maybe,but as a standalone you might lose your butt.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Hmmm kinda makes me think of the old quote about how to make a small fortune drag racing... start with a big one...

I think as a sideline to something that would pay the bills maybe,but as a standalone you might lose your butt.

That is what I was thinking. Wife pays the bills and then I could hit shows and work out of an outbuilding out back. I am home with the kids anyhow.

Only thing holding me back is that it seems like a ton of headache for little profit margin.

rxer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    Crown Point
    I too would love to see one here in NWI, but I dont think you ever will. Don't forget you have to compete with the internet prices. People will come in to buy powder and primers, but the other items, they will come ask questions, look it over, and then buy online. You won't be able to beat the prices esp when they don't have to pay tax. Biggest hurdle right now would be the powder situation. You won't be able to get it. I think the profit margin is really low that's why the gun shops don't carry it also.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    You are right. Low profit margin and spotty at best availability. I would have to buy a ton in order to be competitive.

Tp222

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Laporte
    You would realy need to have another angle also to draw people in and help level out business like gunsmith or firearm sales.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I know of one with a good stock of powders and primers. They have always had what I was looking for, or something close to it. It's a hidden gem. http://www.oakwoodgunclub.com There. Now I hope all you guys don't buy everything off the shelf so it's empty when I need something. :):

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    I know of one with a good stock of powders and primers. They have always had what I was looking for, or something close to it. It's a hidden gem. Oakwood Gun Club There. Now I hope all you guys don't buy everything off the shelf so it's empty when I need something. :):

Is that place still open? Website hasn't been updated since 2010.

skeetman28

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    South Bend
    Granger guns is still open...can't find a buyer...doesn't have presses...Len's is carrying Dillon presses and supplies for reloading...last time I was thete he did have a 550 & 650 for sale...call him..he is usaully theteMon. thu Fri. ...good luck...love my 550...can't go wrong...

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I was at Oakwood this summer and there was nothing to buy. He admitted he usually has stuff although things were hard to get. Availability may be a bit better now. He did have about four pounds left in a eight pound jug of IMR 4227. I had him pour me out two pounds and left with that.

Would like to go back some time and shoot some clays and explore the place.

Top Bottom