• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    :dunno: I was conflicted. Be self-serving or get Dave more business.

I can't say I get down there a lot, but I never have seen the shelves that empty.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Nothing but empty shelves man. He said he was embarrassed about it and that he normally has a lot of stuff. Availability was hurting his business.

Its still on my hit list if I need something. Should be good for awhile since the fun show had everything I needed.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Kempfs gun shop in Michigan City. They usually have a decent supply of primers and powders, but I think most of their presses and accessories are Lee. Some Lyman thrown into the mix as well.

ponch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    I hadn't heard of Granger guns, I googled them and one of the reviews from about a year ago said they were closing soon?

I know they were talking about selling out last spring (2014) but I think sell must of fell through, haven't heard any thing lately

Tp222

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Laporte
    Are Dillon 650 xl presses realy that much better that a hornady LNL? I figured that they were alot like dating a model, nice to show your friends and talk about but requires alot more special attention, moody and anything you do is going to be expensive. I'm A big fan of not as flashy, hard working with minimum issues and cost. I have been lead twords hornady from dillon guys, any constructive ideas? I already have a 3 hole lee and 15 die sets for it.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Are Dillon 650 xl presses realy that much better that a hornady LNL? I figured that they were alot like dating a model, nice to show your friends and talk about but requires alot more special attention, moody and anything you do is going to be expensive. I'm A big fan of not as flashy, hard working with minimum issues and cost. I have been lead twords hornady from dillon guys, any constructive ideas? I already have a 3 hole lee and 15 die sets for it.

I believe your dies will work in either the Horn or the Dill 550 or 650. The Dill Square Deal uses its own dies.

Be nice if you could put your hands on both and give them a try. Think about your needs and make a decision.

Not going to get any price breaks on Dillon although customer support and parts are always going to be there. I know the Dillon will handle mass volume. Don't have any experience with Horn other than their bullets.

rxer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    Crown Point
    The hornady LNL progressive press is the one I use. I've loaded at least 25,000 rounds with only one part breaking. I called them up, super friendly staff and they sent it out next day really no questions. I think if you were going to sell stuff, you'd have to go with dillon. I can get my hornady press at Cabela's, Amazon.com or any other place so going to be hard to be competitive. Need a local dillon dealer since the only place you can get one is online.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Kempfs gun shop in Michigan City. They usually have a decent supply of primers and powders, but I think most of their presses and accessories are Lee. Some Lyman thrown into the mix as well.

Carries about everything Lee. The only non-Lee stuff I saw was things Lee did not make, this was a few years ago.

I know they were talking about selling out last spring (2014) but I think sell must of fell through, haven't heard any thing lately

Heard that for years new and that they would close soon if not sold for about 2 years.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Since nobody mentioned it... And I know it is just over the state line in Niles. The Firing Pin has some reloading stuff. It has been a long time since I have been there. I have seen lately they are advertising on TV.

Top Bottom