Reloading stuff... Best place to buy, Bullets, Powders, Primers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Fellas, I am looking for your recommendations on where to buy this stuff at for the best price. I refuse to pay Cabella's prices... and when I buy, it will be in pretty large quantity. Looking for thoughts on that.

Second.... what products do you all like for the money? I do not need "match" grade stuff. For now, all I want to do is get used to my machines, load, and have fun shooting the stuff at the range!

Lastly... I'm not sure if this is important or not but, I shoot 90%from the 1911 platform, 6 Kimbers, 3 Colts, 1 Springfield.I do have an M&P9 pro as well as a 6" S&W 686 and some other .38/357 revolvers but, I dont shoot those much

Again, I shoot 9mm, .45acp, .38/357mag.... Since I shoot a ton indoors, I will need jacketed ammo but, I am also willing to shoot led when I am outside at the ISRA!

All the info and recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Bc

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Rainer; are completely covered in cooper, Berry's and Rocky Mountain sell plated bullets for indoor use, these save some money over JHP. Just recently bought JHP from Precision Delta at or close to the same as the plated bullets.

Looking for and should be posted soon a 'hazmat buy' for MAY posted by Aszerigan. Saves hazmat and shipping, he orders from Graf's also.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    TJCONEVERA.COM

Check out the X-treme bullets. You can also get bullet/brass combos and any order over $50 (pretty much every order) ships free.

I use X-treme plated bullets for my .40 S&W load and couldn't be happier, especially for the price.

Graf & Sons - The Reloading Authority - Your Source for Shooting Supplies Has some good prices on powders, primers, etc and shipping is $5.95 and the $27.50 hazmat fee. Only problem I have with them is they are usually out of stock of what I want.

Powder Valley, Inc. Is another site with very good prices and inventory on powder and primers. I don't know about shipping though. I just know they almost always have the stuff in stock in case Grafs doesn't.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Where are you located? Might have some shops near that will save you shipping and hazmat fees

Im just south of Chicago... near NW Indiana, Schererville, Dyer, Hammond... etc. is all right near my shop.

Also! Thanks for all the recommendations.... Ill be looking to pick some things up as soon my 650 Comes back from Dillon!!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    I am also willing to shoot led when I am outside at the ISRA!

twoalphabullets.com

Great pricing on lead. I bought 10k of 200g .45 RNFP last year and paid $775 after shipping. That's $77.50 for 1K. He accepts checks or money order only but ships fast. Up to 70lbs, i think for $13. So, order 2K at a time and save on shipping.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Powder Valley, Inc. for primers and powder, prices are great, shipping is reasonable.

Indiana Gun Club for powder and primers if I'm in their neck of the woods. Great pricing there, no shipping or hazmat fee. (probably a bit too far for the OP though)

Montana Gold Bullet, Incorporated - Kalispell, Montana for bullets. Real jacketed bullets work better for me than the plated. Since the MGs are about the same price as the plated, it's win-win.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Powder Valley, Inc. for primers and powder, prices are great, shipping is reasonable.

Indiana Gun Club for powder and primers if I'm in their neck of the woods. Great pricing there, no shipping or hazmat fee. (probably a bit too far for the OP though)

Montana Gold Bullet, Incorporated - Kalispell, Montana for bullets. Real jacketed bullets work better for me than the plated. Since the MGs are about the same price as the plated, it's win-win.

Where is this at? I have a second home (summer lake house) near Angola IN...

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Indiana Gun Club is up near Geist Reservoir and their sister operation (same great deals on powder/primers) is located at the Camp Atterbury shooting range. That is where I've been going for my powder and primers, lately. One is on the northeast side of Indy and the other is southeast about 45 minutes. Neither is anywhere near Angola. :(

Top Bottom