• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have seen a few very nice reloading tables that some INGOers have built. I'm void of time and talent to build anything that I would be proud of. That said, is there anywhere I can purchase a sturdy table that is approximately 4' tall and maybe 3'x5'?

I know many will say to head to Lowe's and get the materials and build the darn thing. I could do it, but I really don't have the time to spare on a weekend project right now. So, any ideas?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Modest woodshop.

Have you checked out my shop in the pictures on here? Let me know what you would really want. I built the benches cabinets carts etc. in the pictures. :)

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Another option

I was at Harbor Freight Tools today, they have a nice little metal workbench, about fits your dimensions, might want to check it out

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My dad built one over the weekend. Didn't take him very long. He found the plans in a reloading magazine. I can get a picture if you're interested.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Que,

Depending on affordability, you could buy a desk. Alternatively, I built a workbench (which has become a catch-all, so no pictures) out of a solid-core door and a couple of 4x4s. I put a couple of 2x4s along the bottom for stability. A couple of plastic drawers would be good to get you started and you could add to it as time allowed.

This can be done in a couple of hours, including the time to go to Lowe's, buy the material, and cut to size. Just a thought.

Blessings,
    Bill

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Office Surplus Stores. I've had my eye on desk at work that is in storage; just can't figure out how to stuff that in my laptop case. Seriously, the older office desk are all metal and very sturdy. Sounds like that reload class gave you the Bug. Guess I better get a reloading bench now since I am taking the class in 2 weeks.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Office Surplus Stores. I've had my eye on desk at work that is in storage; just can't figure out how to stuff that in my laptop case. Seriously, the older office desk are all metal and very sturdy. Sounds like that reload class gave you the Bug. Guess I better get a reloading bench now since I am taking the class in 2 weeks.

this is exactly what I use, the office was throwing away an old Steelcase desk. Solid as a rock.:twocents:

tdkahn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    NE Indiana
    my dad has some old kitchen counter top with the cabinets below. makes it nice and sturdy with plenty of storage. you might find some free or real cheap on craigslist or The AD Paper.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Just go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a workbench. I know there's a couple good ones at Lowes because I was going to buy one not to long ago.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You guys have given me a lot to think about. Most likely, I will take someone up on the weekend project, but for now I have a desk in my office that I may start with. I will be ordering my basic reloading equipment in a couple of weeks, so I'll see how it goes. thanks for the help. Rep to everyone... if I don't run out.

rebr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    you might also try a flea market or other place that sells used furniture for cheap.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I have seen a few very nice reloading tables that some INGOers have built. I'm void of time and talent to build anything that I would be proud of. That said, is there anywhere I can purchase a sturdy table that is approximately 4' tall and maybe 3'x5'?

I know many will say to head to Lowe's and get the materials and build the darn thing. I could do it, but I really don't have the time to spare on a weekend project right now. So, any ideas?

I just built one in my garage out of an old door. I have an extra one if you want it. You'll just have to come pick it up. Free of charge!!! Let me know...

Squirt

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Just go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a workbench. I know there's a couple good ones at Lowes because I was going to buy one not to long ago.

Yep Lowes has a nice bench under 200 with a drawer and cabinet. Looks easy to put togather. This will be the start for my bench.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I just use my office desk. My press (Lee Classic Turret) is mounted to a 4"x12" piece of oak, and I just clamp that down to the desktop. When I am done, the press w/board, the clamps, my dies, and reloading stuff all go into a box and into the closet. Then out comes the computer and I get on-line with the bank to see how much money I don't have after spending for powder, primers. bullets, cases......:D
    ol' poke

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    my dad has some old kitchen counter top with the cabinets below. makes it nice and sturdy with plenty of storage. you might find some free or real cheap on craigslist or The AD Paper.

My dad and I have 2 nice Formica countertops we use for butchering deer, go to your local Lowe's and see if they have any damaged ones or factory seconds, can usually get them really cheap (ours have SMALL chips on a corner each). or if you know anyone that does remodeling, have them keep an eye out, if that's a route you might take.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Here's the one at Lowe's I was looking at getting.

Shop Kobalt 3-Drawer Workbench at Lowes.com
    I have the Kobalt pictured. I only have a vice and drill press mounted on mine. It is adequate. I have my presses mounted on an all-wood carpenter's bench I bought several years ago. Sam's Club has a sturdy metal bench with thick wood top. Only drawback is, I don't remember it having a shelf under the work surface for storage. That is a must IMHO. Whichever bench you get, I'd suggest securing it to the wall to make it super stable.

Top Bottom