Relying others for our own security doesn't always work.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The county has 20 houses per square mile. I can understand them not having a large or even well dispersed police force though. Henry County (New Castle) has 52/sq mile. Morgan County (Mooresville) has 64/sq mile.

Sucks all around though.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The county has 20 houses per square mile. I can understand them not having a large or even well dispersed police force though. Henry County (New Castle) has 52/sq mile. Morgan County (Mooresville) has 64/sq mile.

Sucks all around though.
    All the more reason to be head of your own security. This woman all but resigned herself to what was about to happen when told that no help would be forth coming.

“Once again it’s unfortunate you guys don’t have any law enforcement out there,” the dispatcher said, according to Oregon Public Radio.

The woman responded: “Yeah, it doesn’t matter, if he gets in the house I’m done".
    That kind of response to the dispatchers comment should never be uttered. It should read more like "If he gets in the house, HE"S done"

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Really - NOTHING in the house to put up a fight with? Maybe I'm just a b*tch but sucker would have been wearing my kitchen knives, glass from the bathroom mirror, a lamp - anything I could get my hands on. Yes, my revolver is my BEST defense but not the only one. And the operator should have tried to encourage her to defend herself, not resign herself to being violated!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Even if the cops are in the area...

ChoiceNow.jpg

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    On the bright side, she'll be able to afford LOTS of guns after the lawyer gets through with the PD . . .

Sorry, on top of budget cuts, we had to settle a lawsuit so now we only have a part time volunteer sheriff, instead of 6 officers mon-fri.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    How about the Peaceful Protesting? Like a hunger strike.... I know horrible.
    I like the peeing comment. suits this sit. well...
    I know! Call your representatives! Call your Governor. or your congressman. They care!
    And yes, it's like that. It's just about as imperative that something happens to really benefit self reliance, self preservation in this Twilight Zone with ugly actors!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    All the more reason to be head of your own security. This woman all but resigned herself to what was about to happen when told that no help would be forth coming.

I agree with you entirely. The dispatcher gave her useless info as to why no one would come quickly, but as was said elsewhere could have at least given a few strategic tips, or like "run out the backdoor to your neighbor". Couldn't they dial a neighbor's house for her maybe? I dunno, just sad and a good example of why we shouldn't rely on the .gov

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    You all have touched on most of the major points, so I'll add to it by noting this happened because the sherrif dept lost federal funding. In light of numerous sherrifs taking a stand against the gov for gun control, does anybody else se the possibility of purse strings getting yanked to convince these sherrifs to get back in line? Scary ****.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I do not have all the information, but I worked out in Seattle for a short time and I have friends there. As I remember, they pay huge taxes on EVERYTHING. What kind of civil leadership is in that area that they only have law enforcement IF they get federal grants.?

As sad as the failure of law enforcement for the woman is, the bigger failure is why are they in that condition?

Top Bottom