• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rinker_32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Darlington, IN
    I have a remington 700 .243 w/24" barrel and trying to find a nice scope that is reasonable. I would love to have a Leupold, Swarovski or Zeiss, but I just don't have the finances for that right now. Can anybody give me some feedback or personal experience of any nice, reliable and affordable scope under 3 or 4 hundred dollars? Thanks

econnell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Howard Co IN
    I like the SWFA super sniper series, its a 10x42 with a side focus, I have it mounted on my remy 700 but in .308 with a hart barrel, or you can have standard 2 knobs, It will definately take a beating and will hold to any of the top brands. If you visit SWFA dot com, you can also scroll down on the left hand side to the sample list, these are trade in or demo models for a discounted price.
    Hope this helps.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    The Weaver T series is a fine scope, Also I have bought many Burris Referbs from Natchez Shooters supply and had great luck, I myself absolutly love burris glass I've never had a burris scope fail after 10k rounds plus down range, The only problem I ever had was adjusting the scope with a posilock still engaged I'm pretty sure that was my fault. I have some black diamonds and fullfields and have been happy with all of them.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    What are your plans for this rifle? It would really help us if we knew if you were going after little critters, bigger critters or just shooting paper and at what ranges.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    if you can get a white tail expedition, even better.i generally go w/ used scopes.warranties are everything in a scope.burris is a great scope.sightron is getting a good rep.stay clear of china and you should do fine w/ a 243.i have alot of brands and a good scope is one of the easiest things to find.dont buy a leopold just because of name.dont buy chinese,no matter how cheap.if you want the name,by all means get it.i am saying there are more good scopes than bad.i need a target scope for my kimber 82g.i wont use a bsa,but i will find one i like,hopefully on this site.good luck

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Funny you should ask.. I am holding my Remington 700 in .243 at this moment. It has a 3-9 power Burris 40 mm scope. This scope is perfect for this rifle and is the ONLY appropriate scope for it. :):

Look, I don't want to minimize your question or seem like I am making fun of you, but why don't you just buy a scope somewhere in the adjustable or 4 to 6 power range and try it out for yourself? Could be that $100 scope will work just fine for you. I know mine does for me.

What works for me isn't necessarily right for you.

Happy hunting.

Regards....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom