• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Well, if you trust M.A.C. I would stay far away from the Remington line in general. He just posted a video and it does not look good at all. ftf left and right. I haven't read or watched anything on them except for this though...

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    I watched the video by M.A.C. last night and it didn't do so hot. :(

I own a RP9 myself, rural king had them on sale for $200 back in the fall I could pass it up. Some how I've managed to not even shoot it once since I've owned it.

I will say this, I am usually very very optimistic with new firearms and I am a Remington fan (more shotgun world). But from just messing around with it at the house, the magazines it came with are junk. period. Without even firing it I can already tell they're going to be an issue. Springs seem to very weak and the follower wants to bind.

Personally after watching M.A.C. video I'm suspecting its more magazine related issues than anything, on both the RP9 and RP45. With Remington owning Para now that's probably were the mag came from and Para was not known for good mags to say the least. Kinda quoting M.A.C. here. Problem is no one makes aftermarket mags for the Remington, so there's really no sure way to tell at the moment.

Eventually I'll be taking my RP9 to the range and see how she does. Either way that purchase was just to add to the Remington collection and I couldn't pass it up for $200 new out the door. For its size I'll stick to my 1911s for carry, it will remain as a range toy.

INPoolPlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    NOBLESVILLE
    I watched that video, and I was pretty shocked when it even had trouble feeding standard ball rounds. The way it was just sticking the nose in the bottom of the feed ramp has to be an issue with the mags. Maybe not a bad range toy because I'm sure they'll eventually be really cheap, but I wouldn't trust my life to it. Too bad really. A company like Remington could use a win.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom