• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Just a friendly reminder to stay safe and aware on the road. My GF was in a wreck at stop 11 and meridian today. Vehicle pulled in front of her when she had the green light. She is safe just shaking up and sore. Completely totaled her 2011 Chevy Malibu. She tried to stop but didn't have time/distance. Her seat belt and air bag kept her from serious injury. Got the call and beat feet up to the hospital.

Stay safe INGO.

i know I made a boo boo on the thread title.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Best wishes to your gf and you.

You didn't mention if she was carrying, but that adds another dimension to an accident. One of my buddies was in an accident some years ago similar to what you described, and it took over 3 months to get his handgun back from the police. He had all the proper paperwork and ID, but he went to the hospital the police took the handgun into "safe" storage. In the end everything worked out o.k. Getting to the end was frustrating for him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Best wishes to your gf and you.

You didn't mention if she was carrying, but that adds another dimension to an accident. One of my buddies was in an accident some years ago similar to what you described, and it took over 3 months to get his handgun back from the police. He had all the proper paperwork and ID, but he went to the hospital the police took the handgun into "safe" storage. In the end everything worked out o.k. Getting to the end was frustrating for him.

Son had a similar incident in SE Indiana. Got hit broadside by a drunk that ran a light. Son ended up in hospital, gun ended up in "Safe" keeping with local LEO, vehicle totaled and towed. It was my gun so there was 2 trips in the attempts to retrieve it. I think they wanted to keep it by the attitude I got from the A$$HAT I had to deal with but won out in the end.

Top Bottom