• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I want to modify my older 1100 to be better to reload for IDPA competition. What I would like to accomplish is to not have to push the release button to slide a shell into the magazine, but I definitely need to keep the semi-auto action. I know about the ez loader and I don't want that to be my first choice. Is there a way to take the button out so the carrier isn't locked in the closed position?

I heard about grinding the tab that engages the carrier when the shell comes out of the mag tube to cycle the action but that mod takes out the bolt hold open and my club wants the action left open when not on the firing line. If that is the only way to accomplish this then I could make a plastic hold open to stick in the chamber.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Nevermind, I fixed it. I ended up grinding off almost all of the tab and now it will only stay open if I cycle the action really slowly, so it works perfectly for my purposes. Oh and I don't have to press the little chrome button to load shells in either:rockwoot:

Top Bottom