• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    A friend of mine has an 1100 that is having some major problems.

Whenever he shoots, it will not cycle at all, and he has to charge it by hand to load another shell. We've tried using every kind of ammo possible from #8 shot, to 00 buck, to slugs. It still won't cycle at all.

It is not difficult at all to cycle by hand, so I know its not snagged on anything. I'm plain stumped on this one. You guys know what the problem may be? :dunno:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I take that back...if it works easily by hand then it is most likely the gas cylinder.....if it is used and has never been properly and completely disassembled the gas system has probably been neglected in its routine cleanings and has become clogged

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I had mine do that and found the gas ports were blocked. When I checked the area where the gas ports are, everything looked good, but further inspection showed that nice shiny ring at the back was actually a ring of carbon, and after I chipped it away found out the true size of the two gas ports. 1100 was back to it's old self after the cleaning.

Also as jd4320t stated, it could be the o-ring is damaged, either dried out or cut, or even just a chunk out allowing a gas leak.

(the gas ports that were blocked are in the barrel at the front end of the lug that fits over the action tube. )

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Clean the gas ports and gas chamber regularly. Replace the O ring and keep a spare handy
    I like to keep mine wiped down with liquid graphite and wipe dry. That way it's easier to keep the residues wiped out. My 1100 goes through rings every other year or so. It does see a lot of use on birds.

egard1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    WOW! I'm glad that I seen this. I was looking at a Remington 1100. Has anyone heard about an issue with the 11-87?

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    WOW! I'm glad that I seen this. I was looking at a Remington 1100. Has anyone heard about an issue with the 11-87?

There really isn't an issue with either the 1100 or 11-87. Just make sure all of the gas system components are in good order. I keep a set of the o-rings on hand as spares and replace when the start to get brittle as preventative maintenance. I got a pack of 10 for a few bucks.

Top Bottom