• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thank you for contacting RemArms, LLC.

RemArms, LLC. is a newly formed company that acquired the Remington firearms division from Remington Outdoors Company. RemArms will be producing Remington branded firearms at the historic Ilion, NY facility where Remington has been produced for more than 200 years. Our website, www.remarms.com. is now online.

Once RemArms begins production of Remington firearms, we anticipate producing the Model 1100. However, production schedules and volumes have not yet been finalized. Please continue to check with your dealer of choice for up-to-date availability.

Thank you for your support of Remington firearms; America's oldest gunmaker since 1816.

Anyone interested in a new 1100?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    It would be my hope that this new organization can put these gun builders on the right track. Much game both upland and ground, along with plinking and defense, RAC that was slaughtered by nincompoop shooter wannabees, have provided me with good guns spanning my 55 years of using them.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Ive always wanted one but passed on a few due to the fear of not being to able parts of I need them. I'm still kicking myself for passing on one at a show that was for an incredible deal

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    after hunting as a teen with my late uncle's borrowed 1100, it made me REALLY want one.

Until now I have resigned to expect that I'll have to go with a Mossberg 930/940 or Stoeger 3000 if I want an auto.

I'll wait and see if they can improve on a classic, or fall on their faces making a classic again but fail.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

RemArms, LLC. is a newly formed company that acquired the Remington firearms division from Remington Outdoors Company. RemArms will be producing Remington branded firearms at the historic Ilion, NY facility where Remington has been produced for more than 200 years. Our website, www.remarms.com. is now online.

Once RemArms begins production of Remington firearms, we anticipate producing the Model 1100. However, production schedules and volumes have not yet been finalized. Please continue to check with your dealer of choice for up-to-date availability.

Thank you for your support of Remington firearms; America's oldest gunmaker since 1816.

That's a bit confusing, they've been producing new guns for awhile now that's how you are seeing new 870's popping up lately.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I read in an article somewhere that the Ilion, NY factory will first focus on 870 shotgun and 700 centerfire production. Semi-auto shotguns were to come later once those two core products get re-established. The person being interviewed said these guns would target the middle to upper price point.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I swore off Remington years ago and even sold my variety of Remington firearms, except for a pair of Model 11's.

I'm afraid they won't make an 1100 good enough for me to choose one over my 11. This puts me on the wrong side of providing a customer base to build the business on, but I do hope they have a good enough following to re-introduce some other icon's from the Remington line...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It doesn't matter what they make, it matters how they make it. Remington has destroyed their credibility when it comes to how they make guns.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    1100s and parts for them are all over.
    Just more expensive these days.

Heavy and soft shooting. Nice guns if they fit ya.

And you dont mind cleaning em once in a while.

Hear a lot of horror stories and have shot a few K through a few different 1100 models. Reliability issues......never seen em.

But I dont run the most wimpy of target ammo.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Hear a lot of horror stories and have shot a few K through a few different 1100 models. Reliability issues......never seen em.

But I dont run the most wimpy of target ammo.
    I've got a relative with a Remington S.A. 20 gauge. It has issues cycling the little target loads. Designed for full strength field loads. Nothing wrong with that, but until we looked up that gun, we had no idea. I could see how 20 years ago a person might get frustrated with it. I've bought what I think is higher quality target loads for myself these days. I should try running a box through it sometime.

Now, onto the 1100.. I'll pass.
    As a southpaw, I'd like to see them actually get the CTI back up and running. Apparently the CTI 2 was much better than the original, but by then the faith in it had been lost. Also, they should include a Benelli-esque cast/drop shim for the stock if it ain't patented. Until then I'll just stick with my Ithacas.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie

I find this to be great news. The 1100 is a wonderful gun for skeet shooting.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I have a 870 Wingmaster 20 gauge that I bought in the mid 90's. I use it very infrequently nowadays but am glad that I held on to it. It's a beautifully finished gun and a good example of the quality firearms that they once produced.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've hunted with Remington's SP-10 for years, at woods ranges it's point, click and pick up the animal.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I've got a relative with a Remington S.A. 20 gauge. It has issues cycling the little target loads. Designed for full strength field loads. Nothing wrong with that, but until we looked up that gun, we had no idea. I could see how 20 years ago a person might get frustrated with it. I've bought what I think is higher quality target loads for myself these days. I should try running a box through it sometime.

Now, onto the 1100.. I'll pass.
    As a southpaw, I'd like to see them actually get the CTI back up and running. Apparently the CTI 2 was much better than the original, but by then the faith in it had been lost. Also, they should include a Benelli-esque cast/drop shim for the stock if it ain't patented. Until then I'll just stick with my Ithacas.
    Gas ports on 1100 bbls differ in size.
    Intended load and bbl length are factors. I dont have the chart anymore.
    So my guess is a skeet bbl has the largest ports.

Wrong loads per bbl and wrong maintenance ( thick oils clinging to powder residue ) proly the problem.
    Still hear people say run WD40 LOL.....or that an 1100 mag tube need a good coat to not rust.

The gas system blowing crap into the forend is dirty, esp if you run cheap/ promo stuff.

Over oil the mag tube surface, it will gunk up quickly.

Have seen folks complain about lack of reliability.....gas ports gunked, sometimes one plugged....filthy mag tubes shellacked. Dumped half a pickup load of tumbleweed out of receivers.

How some guns ran as long as they did without failure I have no idea.

Horrible maintenance, often by folks that should have known better.

Amazing after you scrub em clean how they run. Guys come back all happy.

Poor gun proly not get taken down and cleaned right for another decade.
    Too many are of the " good enough " mindset.

Not saying an 1100 is a maintenance monster. Hell i clean anything after a day of shooting.

Learned most people think a wipe of a rag on the outside is all thats needed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom