• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Thinking of buying an entry level 1911 Government size 45 pistol.
    Does anyone out there own the new Remington? Does anyone know
    if these are imported or U.S. manufacture? Any recommendations
    for under 600? :dunno:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Springfield Armory Mil-Spec. Heard good things about the Remingtons too but, no first hand experience.

Most will ask a little more than $600.00 for them but, if you look hard enough you can find them for the upper $500.00 range.

Springfield Armory <---- Click link for details.

pop_wm_1667581.jpg

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Quite honestly I would buy the RIA tactical for less than $500 and put the rest in accessories or ammo. The Remintons I have held look painted and as I understand it are cast frames with a ton of MIM parts in them. If done properly it would serviceable with std ammo. + the RIA has a good rep where as the Remy has a good name behind it but no track record yet. Just my:twocents:!!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I am under the impression that the slide and frame are 100% USA and the firearm is assembled in New York. The smaller bits could be anybody's guess. It still contains more American parts than a Springfield.

The fit and finish really seems top notch one the Remingtons, never had a chance to fire one yet though.

siliconsorcerer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2010
    If I wanted a 1911 I wouldn't buy anything until the plethora of anniversary 1911's come out next year might be some interesting options and the plain ones if you don't like them will certainly drop.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    If I wanted a 1911 I wouldn't buy anything until the plethora of anniversary 1911's come out next year might be some interesting options and the plain ones if you don't like them will certainly drop.

I was sort of thinking the same thing. Maybe it's a little cheesy, but I do want an "anniversary" 1911. I don't want anything really flashy, with inlaid gold and all kinds of scrollwork and stuff like that. I'm hoping to find a simple blued or parkerized 1911 with some kind of 100th Anniversary rollmark on the slide or something inlaid in the grips. Or maybe both.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Remington made 1911's during WWII, and this is their attemtp to recapture and re-enter the hand gun market. A friend of mine has researched the remington and plans to buy one. and the one review I read somewhere, said they were pretty good fo an entry level 1911. Remington was smart in that the wanted to start with a basic model and offer more custom models later. Their model is based off their WWII drawings. Hope you all are enjoying the snow. I'm enjoying my vacation here in Florida! :ingo:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Colt has already come out with two. There is one with gold inlays and scrolling and another very plain one. I am kind of disappointed and would prefer one somewhere in the middle.

Although, I am pretty happy that the MSRP for the plain one is only $1150.00

GOLD INLAY
    images

PLAIN
    images

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Thanks for the info guys, the Remington is probably a fine
    pistol but I did find a new in box STI Spartan for 629.00.
    Read a lot about them and the reviews were all positive. :ingo:

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    Remington made 1911's during WWII, and this is their attemtp to recapture and re-enter the hand gun market.
    No, Remington made M1911s during WWI (Remington-UMC to be exact), Remington-Rand made the M1911A1s during WWII, Remington-Rand had no affiliation with Remington Arms (E. Remington & Sons prior to 1888). In 1886 E. Remington & Sons sold its typewriter business, including the right to use the name Remington on their products, to Standard Typewriter Manufacturing Company, Inc. In 1902, Standard Typewriter Manufacturing Company, Inc., underwent reorganization and became the Remington Typewriter Company, in 1927, Remington Typewriter Company merged with the Rand Kardex Company to become Remington Rand Inc., the makers of the WWII pistols. ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom