• ...and so much more!
  • Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    So...

I stumbled across a Remington 1918 Mosin today at a gun shop. I've read of these previously, and knew of their background, but I had never seen one before. I've had a tendency to look at Mosins on a regular basis when I browse the surplus racks at gun shops. I don't have a Mosin myself (nor have I shot one before) but I've always been somewhat interested in them because of the inexpensive cost for the firearm and ammo.

I think that it looks pretty decent for a surplus military rifle. It's got the normal dings and what not in the stock. The barrel appeared to have just a little bit of rust on the inside. The action of the bolt however, was extremely smooth. It is also missing the cleaning rod.

For you experts out there - it has a "Pi" symbol on the receiver... Any idea as to what that is about?

The shop is asking $200 for it. Is that a good price for a Remington built Mosin Nagant?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    So, what is the name of this shop?:shady:
    My advice would be to run, not walk, back there and snag it before Miller Tyme can make it up there.:D $200 is not a bad price for ANY M91, and very good for a Remington in original condition.
    As far as the Pi symbol, I'd need to see it before I could hazard a guess.

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    So...

I stumbled across a Remington 1918 Mosin today at a gun shop. I've read of these previously, and knew of their background, but I had never seen one before. I've had a tendency to look at Mosins on a regular basis when I browse the surplus racks at gun shops. I don't have a Mosin myself (nor have I shot one before) but I've always been somewhat interested in them because of the inexpensive cost for the firearm and ammo.

I think that it looks pretty decent for a surplus military rifle. It's got the normal dings and what not in the stock. The barrel appeared to have just a little bit of rust on the inside. The action of the bolt however, was extremely smooth. It is also missing the cleaning rod.

For you experts out there - it has a "Pi" symbol on the receiver... Any idea as to what that is about?

The shop is asking $200 for it. Is that a good price for a Remington built Mosin Nagant?

П = Cyrillic (Russian) symbol for P

Offer them $130 with cash in your hand. Rusty bore and missing cleaning rod are good reasons to give. You can always agree to pay their price. Make sure it has not been sporterized unless you don't care about collector value. (refer to the link below for what it should be like). Good luck.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinM91R.htm

Last edited:

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I agree run back in there drop 150 in CaSH on the counter and see. The rusty bore will take work and missing the cleaning rod is money so that is fair. After you get the cleaning rod and spend a few hours cleaning it you will have a nice rarer than your average beast Mosin.

Top Bottom