• ...and so much more!
  • coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Is this stuff any good?

Was offered some by a friend for what he paid for it at Wally world, $24.97 per 50rd "value box".

Seems a little pricey, but the only .223 I can find at current moment.

Pass or buy it up?

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    That equates to $500 for 1,000 rds. Not exactly what I would call not too bad of a price.

Personally I refuse to support the outright craziness being injected into our sport. I'll lay back and see if it comes back to reality.

Somehow one man in the fight to not support isn't going to make a difference. I know i'm not the only one who feels this way but we're out numbered.

I have morals ya know! ;)

But, for the time being if it's all you can find and have the urge to hit the range then why not ? It's really a matter of you being comfortable paying the current market.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    That equates to $500 for 1,000 rds. Not exactly what I would call not too bad of a price.

Personally I refuse to support the outright craziness being injected into our sport. I'll lay back and see if it comes back to reality.

Somehow one man in the fight to not support isn't going to make a difference. I know i'm not the only one who feels this way but we're out numbered.

I have morals ya know! ;)

But, for the time being if it's all you can find and have the urge to hit the range then why not ? It's really a matter of you being comfortable paying the current market.

Yea I think its high too. But this is "pre panic buy ammo", he bought it over 6 months ago, $24.97 what Walmart was selling it for and thats what he wants out of it.

I think I'll still pick it up, not like I've seen any .223 on the shelves anywhere.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    a bit high yeah. pre-election it was about $.35-.36 cents a round. i wouldn't buy unless i was obsessive about hording, but then again I horded before SHTF.

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Like others have said. It's the going price at the moment, it shoots well for general shooting or plinking, and you can collect the brass for reloading down the road if the craziness continues. You could backorder some of the cheap $7-8 a box ammo on-line, but I bet they upcharge you as the price they pay goes up, Plus you will be waiting months for it.

Top Bottom