• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Does anyone know if Bradis gunshop has the Remington 597 w/ Synthetic stock and Scope in stock? and what price it is.

I see they can get it through the Davidson's distributor.

Also if anyone has any good or bad to say about this gun let's hear it. I've got a friend at work who's looking at getting one.

Last edited:

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I've got one I bought at Dicks. Is blued and had the Remington cheap scope. I replaced the scope and rings and added a new weaver base to get rid of the 3/8" dovetail. Get a couple of extra mags and have fun shooting it.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I just bought my 10/22 on Weds, I don't believe they had any synthetic and SS Remmies in stock. I wasn't quite sure that the Ruger was what I wanted and was considering the 597 as well.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Interesting. When I was at Bradis looking for my newest rifle (which ended up being a 10/22) an older gentleman who works there warned me about the Remington's because I was considering those as well. He said he has a large number of .22 rifles and has watched the quality of Remington's go down over the past handful of years. Hope everything works out for you on getting this problem fixed.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    The person who was looking into these has decided to hold off on buying a rifle. If he changes his mind anytime soon I'll let him know about the hit or miss nature of the 597. :yesway:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I second the fact that a 597 doesnt even show up on the radar for me.

Marlin for out of the box accuracy, rugers for customization.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I must have got one of the good ones for my son's 13th B-day. His is a great gun, have never had an issue with it. My only complaint is with the plastic 30 rd mag. they won't feed worth a crap, but the 10rd metal ones are just fine. When I bought his, I was also looking at a Ruger 10/22 at the same time and what won me over to the Remington was the fit and finish on the Remington was a lot better than the Ruger. I also liked the Remington's more "full size" rifle feel vs the Ruger's "carbine size". For my daughters when they get older I will get the 10/22 because the size being smaller. I don't have a problem recommending the 597.

45CalJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've had nothing but good experiences with the 597 I bought about 6 months ago. I even picked up the Remington stamped 30 round plastic clip and haven't had any issues with it. Accuracy was great out of the box. I was looking at the Marlin 60 and 10/22 before I went with the 597, and I'm glad I did. I recently went shooting with a friend who had a 10/22 and had nothing but issues with it. I just kept on shooting. Some FTE issues have been reported, but you can buy a $10 aftermarket extractor if your having serious issues, or just polish the internals.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    FTE

The only problem I've had out of it was some cheap ammo FTE's. (Remington Golden Bullet....Go figure!!!)

you could try to loosin up the guide rods, my works with everything now, even with the 30rd mag. I suggest changing out the trigger for a smoother one if you get one also.

:40oz:

Top Bottom