• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cottong2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Down the road a piece...
    Tonight for our anniversary, my wife surprised me with a .308 Remington 700 ADL, synthetic stock, stainless 24" barrel. Cheap 3-9x10 scope. I believe this was originally sold as a combo. Used but in really good shape. She paid $500 including 20rds ($18). Did she get taken or is this a good deal?

Need quick feedback because the dealer offered to let us trade it for something else. I'm assuming no returns.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have been married for 32 years. Every present she has bought for me is perfect and ideal and exactly what I wanted. I never wanted to discourage her from buying me guns or gear. She bought me a revolver once. I made sure that she sees me fondling it and cleaning it and it goes to the range with me. I constantly tell her how much I love it. In reality, I have shot it once. But, it led to other guns that I really, really like. That she bought for me.

The deal is OK. Don't stress over a couple of bucks. Any woman that would buy you a rifle is a keeper. Praise her. Brag about her to your friends and family so she can hear it. Fondle your new rifle. Tell her you can't wait to shoot it. Brag to her about how accurate it is. How it fits you perfectly. How you always wanted one just like it. Show it off to every family member that comes to the house. especially her Mom and sisters.

That way when she comes across that Thompson sub-machinegun at a garage sale for $100 she will buy it because she knows you will appreciate it. If you trade that rifle for something else, you will never get another one. Guaranteed.

Any gun she buys you can never be traded off unless it is her idea. Every gun she buys you caan only be passed on to your children. Because the guns are special.

Trust me on this. This is not the time to be critical of what she bought. She thought it was a good value and it would make you happy. She was both nervous and excited about your reaction to her special gift.

Be a good husband.

Last edited:

Cottong2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Down the road a piece...
    Thanks fellas. Don't get me wrong, I'm beside myself with glee! This is actually the third rifle she has bought for me over the years. She's for sure a keeper! The reason I'm posting is more for her reassurance. She was afraid she paid way too much and even though she was pleased with her choice of rifles, she had a funny feeling when she was paying that she was getting taken. They scanned the box and it rang up at $479 so the sales guy immediately offered to throw in a box of ammo. Weird. But he DID offer to let us trade it in tomorrow.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have been married for 32 years. Every present she has bought for me is perfect and ideal and exactly what I wanted. I never wanted to discourage her from buying me guns or gear. She bought me a revolver once. I made sure that she sees me fondling it and cleaning it and it goes to the range with me. I constantly tell her how much I love it. In reality, I have shot it once. But, it led to other guns that I really, really like. That she bought for me.

The deal is OK. Don't stress over a couple of bucks. Any woman that would buy you a rifle is a keeper. Praise her. Brag about her to your friends and family so she can hear it. Fondle your new rifle. Tell her you can't wait to shoot it. Brag to her about how accurate it is. How it fits you perfectly. How you always wanted one just like it. Show it off to every family member that comes to the house. especially her Mom and sisters.

That way when she comes across that Thompson sub-machinegun at a garage sale for $100 she will buy it because she knows you will appreciate it. If you trade that rifle for something else, you will never get another one. Guaranteed.

Any gun she buys you can never be traded off unless it is her idea. Every gun she buys you caan only be passed on to your children. Because the guns are special.

Trust me on this. This is not the time to be critical of what she bought. She thought it was a good value and it would make you happy. She was both nervous and excited about your reaction to her special gift.

Be a good husband.

QUOTED FOR FACT.

Cottong2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Down the road a piece...

Be a good husband.

Soughfoot, man you should publish this. A true gem of wisdom.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove

Be a good husband.

OP listen to this man. He is on a higher plain than mere mortals. Every. Single. Word. Fact.

Top Bottom