• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    I read that Gander Mountain has a scoped combo Remington 700 ADL advertised for $449.99. My question is, do you think that this is a good price for the rifle and scope? I understand that this is an entry level 700, so would I be better off trying to find a good used 700 instead? I was looking to get one in a .308.

jajwrigh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I believe the SPS is the entry level 700, but that price doesn't seem too bad. The scope probably isn't the greatest but you can always upgrade that later if you decide its needed. The gun itself is a great bolt action and should serve you very well.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    There are so many different versions of the 700 that I can't keep them all straight. My friend has the SPS Tactical model in .223 and it is a very nice shooting rifle. Almost boring because it is hard not to punch out the 10 ring.

That price does not seem too bad (especially for Gander!!! what is it 80% off;)) Like already said, the scope probably isn't very great, but it would get the job done for awhile until you were able to upgrade if you wanted to.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Love my ADL...period. Same great 700 action, just the fit and finish isn't as nice as others, but that doesn't matter because i plan on revamping it in the future.

and thats about what i paid for mine about a year ago at cabelas.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I'd find out if the scope and rings are factory mounted and boresighted vs. a store monkey doing it. Since I do this "perfect" myself, it's never been an issue, but some places get these packages in, and they are a mess. Buyer beware. I believe Savage scope combos are factory, but don't know about Remington.

mjones

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    McCordsville
    sounds like an alright price the scope is probably junk i bought a 700 adl rifle at galyans years ago with a tasco scope don't use it on the rifle any more i would pick it up and buy a better scope

Top Bottom