• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • btgarner0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Southern IN
    Would like some ideas on getting a bi-pod for my Rem 700 ADL 30-06. I would also like to know where and how much should I be paying for a bi-pod. I purchased a Harris for my son many years ago that we put on a 10/22.
    Thanks

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Would like some ideas on getting a bi-pod for my Rem 700 ADL 30-06. I would also like to know where and how much should I be paying for a bi-pod. I purchased a Harris for my son many years ago that we put on a 10/22.
    Thanks

The HARRIS is a fine bi-pod, the PARKER HALE is expensive & not easily found, but it's fine also:twocents:

dudish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    not sure what kind of shooting you are doing with your 30-06, but i do not enjoy shooting long distance with my harris. I take it out to 500 yrds and it hops quite a bit. I understand the concept of how to load a bipod and I have a very difficult time loading a harris. With that being said, I do not have experiance with any other expensive bipod, but i plan on purchasing an atlas once funds justify it. I have heard excellent reports about this bipod. Some are able to shoot accurately with a harris, I cannot. Short distances or for 22s, hariss works great for me.

btgarner0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Southern IN
    not sure what kind of shooting you are doing with your 30-06, but i do not enjoy shooting long distance with my harris. I take it out to 500 yrds and it hops quite a bit. I understand the concept of how to load a bipod and I have a very difficult time loading a harris. With that being said, I do not have experiance with any other expensive bipod, but i plan on purchasing an atlas once funds justify it. I have heard excellent reports about this bipod. Some are able to shoot accurately with a harris, I cannot. Short distances or for 22s, hariss works great for me.

I'd like to just say that I'm shooting.... can's !!:): I want to be able to take clean shots any where from 200 + yards. Right now I'm having trouble finding a place to set up and make those shots. If I may ask, what are you shooting at that distance ( ie rifle and load ) ?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I use a Caldwell's on my Field Rifles over the Harris Bipods many choose to use.

I use the Pivot Pods Models and have been using them for almost 10 years now. I have beat the hell out of their 6"-9", and their 9"-13" models. For the cost I feel they are a GREAT buy for the quality.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Nice. How high does it go? I am btgarner0's son (and got him to come to this site) and my Harris on my 10/22 is kinda tall and I think he wants one that is similar to that.

I ordered the 6-9" and that seems about right for prone shooting. 6" works when you are on a fairly flat surfance, and the variability of a few inches up helps compensate for when you're on a side hill or uneven ground.

Here's the exact one I have.

Caldwell XLA Bipod Sling Swivel Stud Mount 6" to 9" Black - MidwayUSA

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I have a harris and it's decent. I've used it on my Savage in 7mm08 and my 700 ADL in 7mm Rem. Mag. It does jump clean off the table with the big seven, even when loaded - but it hasn't affected accuracy (shoots into 1.25" without much effort)

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    When you shoot a high caliber rifle with a bipod you are supposed to push forward on the rifle some, this puts forward and downward pressure on the gun, keeping it from jumping up. I realize that this might not be easy off a bench at a range, but you could probably bring a sandbag to throw in front of your bipod to push up against.

that is what the Marines teach anyways :twocents:

btgarner0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Southern IN
    Just wanted to thank every one that offered information. Still looking into getting the bi-pod, maybe got a good lead for Midway and saw a UTG today a Whittakers in KY

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom