• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POTTSY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Hi everyone I have a question I have a Remington 700 and I am planning on changing the stock on it, I have ordered a Choate sniper stock for it now the question I have is the stock that is on it now has the trap door in front of the trigger for the magazine , the new stock doesn't have the trap door or a place to put one so will I be able to still use the magazine on this new stock or will I only be able to shoot one bullet at a time and not have a magazine at all?

Thank you
    Pottsy

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Sounds like Chuck is correct. The ADL is a closed bottomor what some people call a blind magazine. You will need a different stock or you will need to load it as a single shot bolt action. You can order the stuff to change yours to the BDL. But if your heart is set on a magazine you will need a different stock.

POTTSY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Sounds like Chuck is correct. The ADL is a closed bottomor what some people call a blind magazine. You will need a different stock or you will need to load it as a single shot bolt action. You can order the stuff to change yours to the BDL. But if your heart is set on a magazine you will need a different stock.

Thank you for the info I have called the gun shop and ordered a stock with BDL
    Pottsy

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    If anyone needs one, I have the ADL magizine part for the short action 700 (,223) as I recently converted my ADl to a BDL. The mag follower and spring seems to be interchangable between the two models. FREE TO ANYONE WHO WANT IT.

Top Bottom