remington 870 tactical useing 1 piece 7 shot tube.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • operatorj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Heltonville
    What is up with remington useing a one piece tube on there tactical models now. The barrel even looks thinner. I have always been a big remington fan for my boltguns and shotguns but now a days im not to sure.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What is up with remington useing a one piece tube on there tactical models now. The barrel even looks thinner. I have always been a big remington fan for my boltguns and shotguns but now a days im not to sure.

Idk, but I'm glad I got mine before they started this. The new ones aren't compatible with standard 870 barrels.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Picture?

All mine have always had the one piece extensions. :dunno:

Esplain Please..

It's not an extension anymore, it's a one piece mag tube and the barrel ring is at the end like Mossburg 590's.

Old style:
    870-Express-Tactical-81198-prod.ashx

New style:
    remington-870-tactical_1.jpg

operatorj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Heltonville
    My dealer is even having a hard time finding one with the four shot tube. I guess I'll have to stick to a 870 express and add my own tube. Just kinda makes me mad.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    It's been around for a year or two. It didn't replace the Express or Wingmaster, it just offers in a cheaper package the base options people generally want in a barebones HD gun. People who don't know the 870 very well often don't realize their gun can not be reconfigured or swap barrels until after they buy it. No different then the new version of the Ithaca. Not a bad gun and it will kill people, just not for me. You can spot it a mile away. IMHO it's a turd to be avoided.

operatorj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Heltonville
    Police magnums aren't bad. I just dont know if they are worth the extra money to me. I would like to get one of the police trade-ins that Keislers gets from time to time but you have to be johnny on the spot to snag one of those as they don't last long.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Didn't know Rems they went that route.

I have several Ithacas that have that type of design. Very durable shotgun but it is accessory limited because of this.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    It was after I bought my tactical that I learned I could not buy another barrel and put it on due to the location of the barrel ring and mag cap...

So I just bought another 870. No worries. Cheap and easy to maintain.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I have one of the new, long magazine 870s and I love it. Why would anyone want to put a different barrel on this thing anyway?

operatorj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Heltonville
    I just like the idea of being able to throw a ventrib on for hunting or getting a premade VangComp barrel If I want. Versatility is the name of the game to me when it comes to a 870.

Top Bottom