• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I liked this since I saw it on Future Weapons as the Magtech Masada. That was a couple years ago. Apparently, the military hasn't fully adopted it yet. This is why gun laws suck. They make it so you have to join the military to get all the cool gear. And even then, you don't get to keep it when you get out, normally.

I may pick this up when the price goes down and it has been tested in the open market.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I liked this since I saw it on Future Weapons as the Magtech Masada. That was a couple years ago.

MagPUL Masada, and yeah it's been in development for awhile.

Apparently, the military hasn't fully adopted it yet.

They haven't adopted it AT ALL. Were you thinking of the FN SCAR, perhaps? It bears a passing resemblance to the ACR, and is currently being issued to some Special Forces and Ranger groups. The ACR itself will be one of the candidates undergoing evaluation later this year as a potential replacement for the M4 Carbine. I personally don't see anything coming out of those trials, but that's a topic for another discussion.

This is why gun laws suck. They make it so you have to join the military to get all the cool gear.

Bushmaster will be producing a semi-auto version of the ACR for LE and commercial sales.

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Thanks for posting the video. I may hold off on any future AR builds and save a place for this little guy.

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Cool! I saw they were going to have one featured in one of the stages there. I'd be interested in hearing a more detailed impression, if you don't mind.

Shooter, I'm sure you are member over on ARFCOM.....send a not to "Cold", he is a moderator over there and owns "68fourms.com" and 458forums as well. He is on the Noveske shooting team and he was able to handle a full auto ACR just a few weeks ago, he might be able to give you some detail.

More Videos of the NST - Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    i just hope they are not as expensive as the scar when full production starts and they are readily available.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    i just hope they are not as expensive as the scar when full production starts and they are readily available.

I would say that's pretty much assured, given Bushmaster's extensive distributor/dealer network. FN deliberately kept prices inflated on the SCAR by only releasing a small batch (I was told 100 guns) in 2009, and making dealers jump through a bunch of hoops to get them.

ACR prices will no doubt start off somewhere in the stratosphere for the first examples, but should normalize relatively quickly as production ramps up.

Top Bottom