• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Remington just announced a safety recall of Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with X-Mark Pro (XMP) triggers manufactured from May-1-2006 to April-9-2014. The defect in the trigger can result in an unintentional discharge. Recall details: http://xmprecall.remington.com/pdfs/xmprecall-notice.pdf

To check if your rifle is affected, you can go to the recall site and enter your serial number: Remington Recall

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Haven't people been saying this about the R700 for years? I seem to recall an entire website dedicated to warning people about unintentional discharges from this weapon.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Haven't people been saying this about the R700 for years? I seem to recall an entire website dedicated to warning people about unintentional discharges from this weapon.

X Mark Pro sucks. But IIRC it allows for folks to "safely" crank rounds in and out of the chamber to unload.
    I've had maybe a dozen of the old style, currently run the new with X Mark Pro.
    But I STILL unload the way I did when I was a kid, never putting remaining rounds fully in the chamber, just bump to get them free from the magazine lips.

Stupid and or clumsy people always pose a danger to others. That's not Remington's fault.

BTW, the TV show condemning the Walker trigger was nothing but BS. Pretty obvious too.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'll have to check mine now, and if of the supposedly problematic type............well it aint going back.
    I'll just buy an aftermarket trigger.

My little 660 went back yrs ago, got a trigger change. It was pretty nice before it went back.

WatermAlan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2014
    Carmel
    Well my rifle has to go back :ugh: I was wondering what kind of compensation they were going to give and apparently it is only 40% shopremingtoncountry.com and/or remington1816.com, I wonder if there is anything worthwhile on those sites :dunno:

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    You got my attention of my Remmy 700, but it was made long before May 2006, more or less made around 1977 instead since I bought it new in 1978

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Ive gotta send my 700 sps tactical in as well, but Im taking the glass off. Im thinking that their work shouldnt interfere with the sighting. Sigh.....I guess that means that I will have to take it back to the range to check out the new trigger and the sighting.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    CRAP.

So . . . Remington is generously doing this favor for us. Who will pay to have our scopes remounted? Who will pay for the ammunition used to rezero? Who will reimburse us for the time we spend doing this?

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    CRAP.

So . . . Remington is generously doing this favor for us. Who will pay to have our scopes remounted? Who will pay for the ammunition used to rezero? Who will reimburse us for the time we spend doing this?
    Exactly my point. When I get back home next monday I am calling them and seeing if i can just send my trigger assembly in since the say that the problem is within the trigger assembly. If they insist that the whole rifle must be sent then I would have to conclude that there is alot more to this "trigger defect".

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Really? After I just got a new stock and scope? I may look into a Timney trigger. Shooting season is now and who knows how long my 700 may be gone....

Timney 510 looks like the solution to me.

Last edited:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    CRAP.

Exactly my point. When I get back home next monday I am calling them and seeing if i can just send my trigger assembly in since the say that the problem is within the trigger assembly. If they insist that the whole rifle must be sent then I would have to conclude that there is alot more to this "trigger defect".

Maybe that's why they give you the 40% discount on any purchase for the 2 websites? Something is better then nothing I guess...?

My question is this since I've never sent a firearm back for recall. I have my aftermarket stock on (Bell & Carlson) do I remove it and put on the factory stock? I'm thinking not for obvious reasons.?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Keep us posted. If that turns out to be an option, I will follow your lead.

87bluejay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    CRAP.

My thoughts exactly....Seems like getting an after market trigger might be the way to go....

Top Bottom