• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I was just having fond memories. When I was a kid, about 8 yrs old, we would go to my grandparents in TX. They had a farm, about 325 acres, in the middle of nowhere. It reminds you of the old westerns with ravines and sagebrush. We would spend weeks there in the summer until I was about 17. Anyway, my fondest memories were of hunting Jackrabbits with my granddad's Nylon 66. And on the farm you could shoot in any direction and not worry. That thing was great for a kid, being as light as it was. One day I will get another one, really for the sentimental value. What was your favorite gun growing up?

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    My Grandmother owned 97 acres in Michigan....17 acres of lakefront. When I was 12 I saved my money and bought a Noble single shot .22. I put swivels on it and a sling and I was ready to go. No gun I have ever owned killed more stuff.
    Look out chipmunks!!! Oh yeah, one more thing....I still own it.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    One more thing ....in the late 80's my dads uncle passed away, and my dad gave me a couple of guns that he had...believe it or not one of them was a Noble .22 bolt action just like mine, but new in the box...still got that one too.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Mine was a remington 550-1 My father got from my uncle ,
    It was the first gun i ever shot , i was 3 maybe 4 my father had to hold the rifle for me and let me pull the trigger till i was big enuff to hold and aim it myself ..

When i moved out of my parents house my father gave me that gun , and i still have it in the safe ,
    I would hate to try and guess the number of rounds put down the pipe of that gun , but it still shoots just fine , i get it out a few times a year to shoot it and clean it .:patriot:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i dont even remember the name... it was a single shot .22 with a spring loaded ramp on the top of the gun.... push the round down the ramp into the barrel and shoot... i dont remember if you had to cock it or not.... i may inherit it one day.

roadstar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Miami County
    My first real gun was a Steven/Savage .22, model 910. Dad bought it for me when I was about 12 I think. I still have that rifle above the back door at our farm. Lots of .22 through that puppy and lots of great memories!

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    A Winchester single-shot BA .22, model unremembered, which had been my dad's first rifle. I was about six, IIRC. Unfortunately, it went to one of my younger brothers and was stolen in a burglary many years back. Wish that I'd been able to talk him out of it first.

lpso708

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    I think back it was s Remington 5 shot bolt action. With this I learned to shoot at YMCA camp at that time I was 8 years old they showed me how to use a gun an started me on my way. I'm telling my age because this in New York state try this now.

Volunteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indy Castleton
    I think it was a Remington 22 bolt action with the stock broken off (run over by a tractor) and later smoothed off with a knife to be like a pistol grip (kinda). Handed down to me by an uncle in 1957. Non adjustable sights but dead nuts at 25 yards or so. Lost it in a house fire in 1972. First firearm I ever owned. I had a Daisy bb gun before that. P.S. I still have a black and chrome Nylon 66. Darn thing is practically indestructible.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    mine was an old central arms single shot 16 gauge that i bought at a flea market when i was 16 i paid 50 bucks for it and still use it to this day

Top Bottom