• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Just picked up my first 1911. Well, my first handgun for that matter. Found this R1 for a very good price here in my local gun shop. Handled the gun, felt very solid. Doesn't rattle or make any weird noises when I shake it. I like the sights and the grip. I'm very pleased with my purchase. Only thing left to do is shoot this bad boy. Going to the range on Wednesday. So I'll be back here after that for a range report.
    052.jpg

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Congrats to you on the new 1911 and on your first handgun!:ar15:
    Looking forward to your impressions , I like the looks of the R1 myself.
    And.....:welcome: to :ingo: from just down the road!!!

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Good looking gun. However, you have now crossed the line and will likely start wanting another and another and another. Your life will forever be changed. Soon you will start to compare what you pay for groceries for your family to what a new handgun would cost. You will probably start to sell off your other possesions to get money for that great gun deal that you can not pass up. You will spend much money on all of the gun periodicals to see what each new month brings. Soon you will have to buy reloading equipment in an attempt to cut into the costs of your depraved and debilitating habit. You will probably start to neglect your family and only want to be with those few friends that own handguns. Your old hobbies of photography and fly-fishing will have to cease and the equipment sold to buy another handgun. I could go on and on and on about the changes in you life that you can expect as the direct result of this one innocent little "great deal." My advice to you would be to look up the nearest chapter of gunowners anonymous and start going several nights a week to get this incidious habit under control before your life spirals into the dumpster and eventually into the local landfill. Gun owning can quickly become a habit much worse than illegal drugs, alcoholism, gamblng and chasing loose women. I really feel for you. Get help while you can!!!

Chris-B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Good looking gun. However, you have now crossed the line and will likely start wanting another and another and another. Your life will forever be changed. Soon you will start to compare what you pay for groceries for your family to what a new handgun would cost. You will probably start to sell off your other possesions to get money for that great gun deal that you can not pass up. You will spend much money on all of the gun periodicals to see what each new month brings. Soon you will have to buy reloading equipment in an attempt to cut into the costs of your depraved and debilitating habit. You will probably start to neglect your family and only want to be with those few friends that own handguns. Your old hobbies of photography and fly-fishing will have to cease and the equipment sold to buy another handgun. I could go on and on and on about the changes in you life that you can expect as the direct result of this one innocent little "great deal." My advice to you would be to look up the nearest chapter of gunowners anonymous and start going several nights a week to get this incidious habit under control before your life spirals into the dumpster and eventually into the local landfill. Gun owning can quickly become a habit much worse than illegal drugs, alcoholism, gamblng and chasing loose women. I really feel for you. Get help while you can!!!

AMEN! :rockwoot:

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    That's a good choice, they have been getting great reviews on the 1911 forums. Let us know how it handles I have been contemplating getting one also. Congrats.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Just picked up my first 1911. Well, my first handgun for that matter. Found this R1 for a very good price here in my local gun shop. Handled the gun, felt very solid. Doesn't rattle or make any weird noises when I shake it. I like the sights and the grip. I'm very pleased with my purchase. Only thing left to do is shoot this bad boy. Going to the range on Wednesday. So I'll be back here after that for a range report.
    052.jpg

The first one is always special.......

shooter718

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Nice gun. I just looked at one today at a gun shop in town. It will probably be coming home with me sometime soon.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville

HAHA!!! This had me cracking up before work! I don't know if I'm excited for this to happen, or scared!

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    I loved mine, it was a joy. I sold it because I am sticking with the M&P platform.

You did good and enjoy.

wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Very nice looking 1911. Haven't had the opportunity to see one "in the flesh", but sure like what I see in the picture. Congratulations on your purchase.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Well here goes. Time for my unprofessional range report. Ok, I took exactly 205 rounds of ammo with me to the range. 100 Winchester white box FMJ, 50 Federal champion FMJ, 50 TulAmmo FMJ, and 5 Hornady critical defense HP. The gun was firing great. And right on target, too. And then I got my first double feed. One in the chamber and another round coming out of the mag and trying to feed as well. So I locked back the slide, dropped the mag and continued shooting with no problems. Had zero failure to extract. Had zero failure to feeds. But, I had several more double feeding issues. All 4 types of ammo I brought had a double feed. Winchester had 2. 200 rounds were flawless, with 5 double feed issues. Now from what I have been reading all night, this is more than likely a magazine issue right? Im guessing so, since I was just using the factory mags that came with the gun. I probably need to pick up some Wilson or Chip Mccormick mags. Hopefully that will fix the problem. So the gun went 200 for 205 first time at the range. And I think I can live with that. Definitely need to upgrade the mags, but I planned to do that anyway. So all in all, had a fun day of shooting, and I am still pleased with this gun purchase. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions regarding the double feeds, please let me know. And heres a few pics from the outing:
    005-1.jpg

Heres the first 7 rounds ever fired through this gun:
    006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Top Bottom