• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Did you mark one of the two mags. Sometimes it is just one mag. not both. is there a differance in the mouth of the mag as far a spacing goes.

I had to borrow some wire marker labels for my government ruger mark II mags once as I had a ftf with just one mag but always did something stupid after i shot and mixed the bad ones with the good ones, I had 10 mags for it so it took a while to find the sometimes offending mag.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Did you mark one of the two mags. Sometimes it is just one mag. not both. is there a differance in the mouth of the mag as far a spacing goes.

I had to borrow some wire marker labels for my government ruger mark II mags once as I had a ftf with just one mag but always did something stupid after i shot and mixed the bad ones with the good ones, I had 10 mags for it so it took a while to find the sometimes offending mag.

I know your frustration, I did this with 1911 mags before:xmad:

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Me being an idiot I forgot to mark the suspect mag. So it could be one or both I just dont know. Next step is find a mag that my gun likes and then stock up on them. Ive got a buddy whos got a stockpile of multiple brands of 1911 mags, so between the two of us Im sure we can find one that will work.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I'm not that familiar with the 1911 platform. My dad had a WWII 1911 for awhile that was completely reliable until he sold it.

Is it common for a brand new gun to immediately need new magazines? Seems a bit strange and I think I would be pissed if my new gun needed new magazines to function properly. Is that a 1911 thing that people do as a normal customization and part of the fun of owning a 1911?

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County
    Love the pistol - looked at one at Bob's in Plainfield a few months back - quality all over it!

You're shooting pretty tight for your first handgun - I suspect you've shot before.

For the feeding issue, all I can suggest is make sure you're seating the rounds in the magazine - usually a tap or two on the heel of you hand will do it.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Love the pistol - looked at one at Bob's in Plainfield a few months back - quality all over it!

You're shooting pretty tight for your first handgun - I suspect you've shot before.

For the feeding issue, all I can suggest is make sure you're seating the rounds in the magazine - usually a tap or two on the heel of you hand will do it.

Yeah I've definitely shot before, but Im still learning all the time. I'll remember your magazine heel tap tip. Im going to the range again Thursday with a few Chip Mccormick mags. Im predicting a flawless afternoon of shooting, but I'll guess we'll see what happens. I'll give another range report when I get back.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Yeah I've definitely shot before, but Im still learning all the time. I'll remember your magazine heel tap tip. Im going to the range again Thursday with a few Chip Mccormick mags. Im predicting a flawless afternoon of shooting, but I'll guess we'll see what happens. I'll give another range report when I get back.

So how did it perform this time with the new mags? Take a look at some wilson mags also, they are great.

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    1911 R1 at Strictly Shooting

Nice gun and I think beter mags will help you. I notice by your pictures that your'e using the Strictly Shooting indoor range. That used to be a really nice range but the new owners have let it turn into crap. Last time I was there the ventilation consisted of a 4' x 4' hole in the wall near the ceiling, most of the target carriers didn't work and the floor was covered with brass. Shows what happens when you don't give a damn. :dunno::dunno:

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Nice gun and I think beter mags will help you. I notice by your pictures that your'e using the Strictly Shooting indoor range. That used to be a really nice range but the new owners have let it turn into crap. Last time I was there the ventilation consisted of a 4' x 4' hole in the wall near the ceiling, most of the target carriers didn't work and the floor was covered with brass. Shows what happens when you don't give a damn. :dunno::dunno:

To be honest, that was the first time I had been there. Im grateful that there is a place to shoot in the city, but I agree, it was pretty rundown.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    With new mags the gun has been flawless ever since. I am pushing 1000 rounds through this gun with no more problems. Very happy with this pistol and I carry it everyday.

Muntz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Next think you will want a plastic gun so you will buy a Glock, then you will want a carry gun and you will by a Sig. From there it is a tool box gun and it will be a Kel-Tec......You will need sainless, blue, black on and on and on..........Better get a second job now.

Top Bottom