• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Papabeargsh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Anderson
    Took my Remington R1 Enhanced Threaded Barrel to the range this morning. I put 350 rounds of blazer brass through it. I used only the 2 factory mags that it came with, and not a single FTF or FTE. :yesway::yesway::yesway:

DCM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Granger
    I have the Remington R1 (not the enhanced) and I love it. Before manufacture of the R1 a few years ago, Remington hadn't made a handgun since the last time they made a run of 1911s in WWII, but I figured that they've known how to make guns for over 150 years, and they weren't going to risk a fail. Consequently, its well-made right out of the box. I like the basic R1, with its retro GI look, with some modern refinements.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Remington of WWII is different than the Remington of today's 1911s. The Remington made today is the first one made by Remington since before WWI, not WWII. The Remington of WWII is Remington Rand, which built typewriters normally. I just picked up a Remington R-1S yesterday and ran 175 rounds through it yesterday afternoon. I also only used the stock magazines and the gun was flawless. The lockup is tight and the gun is quite accurate. I think this is a gun, like my CZ 75 Compact, that I will do my best to try to wear out. I'm guessing I'll fail in that attempt, but hopefully, I can run enough ammo through it to make a decent attempt. I've probably got 5000 rounds through my CZ and the gun feels fantastic being just butter smooth now. That's what I want to get this new Remington to be like. The best way there is to shoot the crap out of the gun.

Top Bottom