• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jrhemming

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Kokomo
    Any one have any experience with this gun I'm really looking at this one for my first 1911. I'm trying to decide between the enhanced and a Springfield loaded.

Last edited:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I can't comment on the enhanced version, but had the Rem R1 at Eagle Creek today. Ran about 100 rounds through it with brass and steel cased. Reliable, accurate, smooth.

I would prefer the beavertailed Enhanced version, though.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We have sold a few of them, and I got to shoot one at an industry event back in January. Felt good, no function problems at all, and I was able to shoot it quite accurately.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The few I have looked at I haven't been that impressed with. I was initially excited about this model but after looking at a couple of them I have seen consistently poor beavertail fit (cheap looking beavertail part too), uneven frame serrations, and poorly fitted sights. The standard 1911's I have looked at have been nice. I'd rather buy a standard and have the extras put on more professionally.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have been looking at this model also. I decided to wait until it has been around for awhile and see what problems crop up.

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    I bought a standard model last summer after looking at about every 1911 on the market.They are good solid moderately priced pistols and made in the U.S.A.Hard to beat that.:cool:

GUNFIGHTER01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    laporte
    I have owned on since January and i have not been to happy with it. First of all trying to find a holster for it has been difficult because the base of the front sight is to large and not filled down so it gouges every holster i have put it in. Second is the hammer will drop in half cock. Thats a safety issue. Third. While i was breaking in the gun on its first range trip within the firsf 100 rds the slide started to rattle like a baby rattel and just continued to get worse then the accuracy started to fall a bit.

I really had high hopes for this gun. Its a great lookin gun hopefully when it gets back from Remington it will be like new again. I can only hope.

Now dont let my experience with it stop u mine was prolly just a monday morning gun or a friday at quitting time. (Lol)

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I bought mine a year ago. I probably have 1500 rounds through it. The biggest problem I have with it is when shooting flat nose bullets on the round to be chambered it can get stuck. I need to polish it some. Also the grip safety and stock magazine rattle like crazy. It is pretty accurate out of the box. My next one will be a Kimber or Ruger.

Top Bottom