• ...and so much more!
  • mlake12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Its an older 3-shot semi-auto with a poly choke
    12 ga
    It is in pretty good condition, considering its age or what i think its age to be. I am looking for some info on it as I am considering selling it. It was given to me and I really dont have much info on it.

Thanks

Last edited:

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    No it looks more like an 1187. I have one too. I think it was the model before the 1100. It's a cool gun. I love the cheesy fake 50's style duck scene "engraved" on the sides. They can be temperamental and as far as I know aren't worth too much.

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Remington

I also own one, just as you described....but your's has to be in better condition than mine. I inherited this gun from an Uncle who hunted with it for over 40 years, and it looks like it. They were if memory serves me, the predecessor to the 1100.....they are good old reliable guns.....and if you search there is considerable information on them on the web. I just saw a couple that looked to be in good condition and they were listed anywhere from $175-250.....like everything else it depends on the condition and how bad the potential buyer wants it.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I have mine in 20 gauge, my father hunted with it for years. Its the father of the 1100 and if you start looking at it you will see the resemblence to it and the 11-87. We just shot clays with mine the other day and everyone wanted to use it over several newer 12 ga guns as it was so smooth to shoot and easy to swing.
    It can be finicky with the light loads and mine has the adjustable knob on the end of the front grip for low or high brass shells.

mlake12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Its a great shooting gun and a preferred one that i enjoy using for sporting clays, I just have nto had it out except to clean it over the last 2 years and figured it might be time to sell it and put the money towards something else.
    But yes, I do agree that the duck/ dog engraving is a little cheesy but adds a nice touch

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    I have 2 of them---one is a standard 2 3/4"the other one is "somewhat rare",as it is a Magnum(3")----

A tidbit of trivia-----A Rem 870 barrel will fit the model 58---and if you are REAL GOOD with a drill press---by drilling gas ports the 870 barrels will work as well as the original barrel (a good idea to have a gunsmith do the drilling)

Top Bottom