• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jocmurph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Indy Northside
    I have two guns that I want to replace the stocks. 870 Express Mag, and a 770 in 300 win mag. I want to put a thumb hole stock on both. Is this something that I should be able to do by myself, or should I take it to a gunsmith? I feel like I am pretty handy, but I am not sure about it, if there will me many modifications needed. Do these typically just fit right up to the gun? A guy at Remington recommended Boyd's gunstocks. Does anyone have any experience with them? Thanks for any feedback.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm not the handy type, but the obvious answer to me would be to give Boyd's a call and ask if you can just bolt up their stocks without any fuss.
    They'll surely answer that and probably even have an instruction sheet for how to do it.

jocmurph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Indy Northside
    I'm not the handy type, but the obvious answer to me would be to give Boyd's a call and ask if you can just bolt up their stocks without any fuss.
    They'll surely answer that and probably even have an instruction sheet for how to do it.

I tried that, but I cannot ever get anyone to answer the phone over there. I'll just keep trying. Thanks for the advice.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Hrrmmmmm
    Maybe sending them an e-mail would be more likely to get a result - customers@boydsgunstocks.com
    Assuming you're calling their number 605-996-5011, but it says their hours are 8-4:30 (CST) Monday-Friday.
    That comes out to (of course) 9-5:30 in our time zone.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The 870 is a pretty easy DYI job. There is a tool to take the nut off for the hand guard, you can improvise but the tool is cheap.

But the 770, you won't find a stock for that. No one makes one for a 770. It's not anything like the 700. Which is a piece of cake to change.

Top Bottom