• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    ....omg is sucks... Most inconsistant pos ever.. while shooting my sps tac this damn trigger was all over the damn joint then at the end of the day it was about a 7lb pull... Time for a timney

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    What trigger do you have, the adjustable Mark X or the old style hunting trigger? While the Mark X is not the same class as a true precision trigger, properly cleaned, lubed and adjusted it isn't too bad.

Last edited:

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I've never jubed any trigger at all nor any other thing to any Mark X, but I do have a number of X-Marks sitting at 2 lbs. I prefer the Improved Walker, but wouldn't replace an X with a Timney.

Is this on an XP100?

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ....omg is sucks... Most inconsistant pos ever.. while shooting my sps tac this damn trigger was all over the damn joint then at the end of the day it was about a 7lb pull... Time for a timney

Biggest improvement I made on my SPS Varmint was the replacement of the factory trigger with this Jewell trigger: Jewell Rifle Trigger Remington 700 40X Safety 1-1/2oz to 3 lb SS.

I have mine set to 1 lb. pull, just like it came from Jewell. Before I swapped triggers I was dry firing at steel plates at 1,000 yards. When the factory trigger broke, I could see the cross-hairs jumping all over the plate. After the swap, when the trigger breaks, the cross-hairs barely jiggle. There is no creep or movement in the trigger until it breaks. I just concentrate on breathing, sight picture and keeping steady pressure on the trigger and each time the rifle fires, it is a surprise.

If you haven't tried a Jewell, find one to fondle and dry fire. I think you'll be impressed.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    I have a Remington 700 LVSF in .22-250 and its trigger feels like dragging a bag of bricks very have and breaks horribly I plan on getting a timney or jewell to replace it.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    No time for a nice long written out post. I have a 18 month old red head daughter. Sometimes im running and typing so captain no input leave useful info or GTFO.

love
    Mr bad haiku

Btw it is a xmark trigger and dave thats the same one i was looking at along with the timney

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    No time for a nice long written out post. I have a 18 month old red head daughter. Sometimes im running and typing so captain no input leave useful info or GTFO.

love
    Mr bad haiku

Btw it is a xmark trigger and dave thats the same one i was looking at

This why i no offer any information in threads lk dis.

If you cant take the time to put together complete sentances, or at least complete thoughts, then why should i waste my time sharing my extensive knowledge of remington triggers both factory and afermarket?

love
    i am GTFO now

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I played with my cousins X Mark trigger. I did not care for it. 3.0 lb's was the lightest we could get. It was consistant. That was not an issue. Was a little creapy. I have the older style in my 700. I can set it as low as 2.5 lb's safely. I prefer just over 3 lb's He offered to trade triggers. I passed. For the moment I am going to keep my old trigger. If I get a Timney I might give him my old one.

Top Bottom