• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Have any of you watched this on CNBC today? They were talking about the company memos stating there might be a problem with the trigger on the 700 series hunting rifles. The gun would fire even with the safety on. How many of those are affected? I have no idea. Mine hasn't had any problem since I got it in 1979. Doesn't the 700 has a adjustable trigger system in it? Could that be the problem?

Mod, please delete this since it's repost. I must be too busy to pay attention since it's the first time I watched it today.

Last edited:

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Yes, that 700 model is dangerous and if you own one, be careful, you could endanger the life and limb of yourself and anyone around you. I'll take all of them off your hands for 100 bucks apiece so you can feel safe again while shooting.

fasteddie48

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    pekin indiana
    i heard of this happing 20 years ago with the trigger ive had 700 in the past now my choice in rifle is the savage best gun for the money and they shoot great straight out of box now have 3 in the safe

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    Remington 700 30.06 discharge

I was 14, hunting with my family when we had returned I was holding the rifle and took it off safe to open the bolt when it fired. My dad almost beat my butt thinking I was unsafe (finger on the trigger). I couldnt convince him it "just went off". I was holding the rifle in a safe direction and none of the 6 people standing around were hurt. Just my feelings thank god. I still have the rifle now.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Remington's excellent rebuttal video can be found here: Remington Model 700™
    Do you mean excellent excuse and cover-up video? :laugh::laugh:

Seriously, that video was a joke, and proves exactly what NBC was saying, they've tried to cover it up.

Yes, I understand the ramifications to Remington by admitting it is a problem, but what I don't understand is all the other people that deny the problem as well.

sonrider657

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Do you mean excellent excuse and cover-up video? :laugh::laugh:

Seriously, that video was a joke, and proves exactly what NBC was saying, they've tried to cover it up.

Yes, I understand the ramifications to Remington by admitting it is a problem, but what I don't understand is all the other people that deny the problem as well.

You honestly believe the media's report? Have you swallowed "Climate Change" too?

There are literally Millions of Remington 700's in use today with but a few controverted complaints.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    You honestly believe the media's report? Have you swallowed "Climate Change" too?

There are literally Millions of Remington 700's in use today with but a few controverted complaints.

I don't know, I haven't watched all of the report so I can't say if I believe what they say or not. But I have personally witnessed it happen to a brand new factory adjusted gun (that blow's their excuses in the video out the window). I can honestly say that I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT believe Remington's rebuttal, and anybody that can honestly say they do believe it is just burying their head in the sand for the sake of protecting Remington and firearms owners nationwide. And the poll thread that I started a few weeks ago shows that it is MUCH MORE than "a few controverted complaints". 20% of people that voted for one of the options regarding having it happen to them or not say that it has happened (either to them, or somebody close and trusted). 20%!!!! I don't think anybody can truthfully say that it's not a problem when 20% of trusted INGO members say that it has happened before.

Top Bottom