• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Versatile & comfortable holsters. I have a smaller version that fits my G26 & G36 and then picked up another that fits both the G17 & G19. As mentioned they work great for between seats in vehicles.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i ordered two more recently. one for my G22 and one for my G19. even tho its not made for it, and sticks out a bit, I've been using my LCR holster for the G19, and it still retains it very very well. can't wait for my other gear to get here.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Remora

I picked one up at the 1500 in the fall. I like it. For a trip where I am sitting alot it is perfect. if I am going to be mobile, I prefer the AIWB holster from comp tac. But to and from work, i rely on the Remora.

TwinSix

Molly Belle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I have been looking at these, but I wasn't sure about them. Thanks for the post. I will be ordering one when I get me new gun based on your reviews.

Edit:
    I just checked out their site. Did any of you get the reinforced top? Is it better for carry?

Last edited:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I have been looking at these, but I wasn't sure about them. Thanks for the post. I will be ordering one when I get me new gun based on your reviews.

Edit:
    I just checked out their site. Did any of you get the reinforced top? Is it better for carry?

i don't have any of the reinforced top. it looks like it might print a bit less, depending on where you carry exactly you carry. i supposed it'd make a difference on the gun. maybe its more for what's pictured (1911) - working better with an exposed hammer-type gun?

the website says :If your concealment holster requirements call for you to safely, smoothly, and securely re-holster your weapon draw after draw, the new Remora "RFT" Holster is the one for you.

meaning to me, someone who unholsters their weapon often. unless I'm training I don't unholster. YMMV

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I have one for every handgun I own. When I bought my P226, I naturally bought another. That was the first time I had used a full sized handgun (Remora size 11!) and despite the weight, it works just as well as it does on my P22. I have been using Remoras for three years now, and I cant say enough about them. Alan is a great guy and personally called to thank me for my first order. Once when I wanted to get shipping moved up, he gladly helped me out, and threw in a mag carrier "for the trouble" What trouble!?!

Great company, great people, great product!

k.leonard

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    North Vernon
    I accidently ordered a left hand instead of right hand through my first order and they offered me a full refund for something that was my fault. super great company and customer service!

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Been about a week since I received my remora. Makes CCing at work a breeze. Super comfy IWB, doesn't even feel like it's there. I did a two minute handstand in basketball shorts, and the holster didn't move a inch. Fantastic product at a better price!

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I have two, one for Kahr CW9 one for snub nose .38sp. The only holsters I use for carrying. They work IWB no matter what I'm wearing. They work in my tall boots for ankle carry. The work for pocket carry. They work stuck between the seats of my truck.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have two, one for Kahr CW9 one for snub nose .38sp. The only holsters I use for carrying. They work IWB no matter what I'm wearing. They work in my tall boots for ankle carry. The work for pocket carry. They work stuck between the seats of my truck.

Used mine for all of these as well. I took advantage of the 25% off sale they have right now and ordered a couple more. I really like them.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Alright, you guys talked me in to it. I've been thinking about getting one of these for my G23 for an easier to and from work carry option.

From the way some of you talk it may get used more than that.

Fingers crossed. :)

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    They work stuck between the seats of my truck.

+1. i cant carry at work and by law have to keep it concealed in my vehicle. by day it lives in my map pocket til i leave, and stuff it between my 40/20/40 bench seat if im just headed straight home. works perfectly for that.

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    I have a Remora for my LCP and one for my SP2022. The LCP fits like a glove and stays put in the pocket.

The SP2022 stays IWB almost perfectly without a clip. I am sold!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    All right! That's it, I'm ordering one today! I've been looking at them for a while now, and this thread has made the decision for me. I'll be getting an IWB for my SR9, but may also grab one for my PT745, which I always pocket carry.:yesway:

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Anybody have any experience with the OWB version? It says you can carry iwb or owb. Also, regular cut or ART? Been looking at one for my SR9.

Top Bottom