• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    I have been a fan of Remora no-clip IWB holsters for a long time now, and have posted about them on several forums. Unlike several of my friends who only use high-dollar holsters (and I've got some of those), I really like the sweatproof utility of the Remoras. Also like that I can set them in my waistband to the depth that I feel is comfortable, and that they stay there when I belt them in - whether I'm clambering up a mountainside, driving, sitting at the dinner table, or doing yardwork.

Anyhow, they have a new model, leather-lined with "Remora-Hyde" (the outer layer is still the neoprene (?) moisture-proof rubbery material), and I got delivered the other day for my CM9 (sorry for the low light photos - the sun had already set):

2013-01-17_17-24-35_359.jpg

2013-01-17_17-25-18_997.jpg

2013-01-17_17-25-54_9.jpg

2013-01-17_17-26-40_245.jpg

Again, this one has the Remora-Hyde leather lining ($10 premium above the standard Remora IWB cost), and it really is noticeably thinner than the regular Remora holsters. Seems a little stiffer, too, which is a good thing. I would recommend this as a first choice for revolver, because it minimizes the cylinder bulge (every little bit counts) but would provide enough stiffness to help prevent wear on the cylinder bolt from the cylinder rocking against its confines as you go about your active life. This Remora seems as moisture-proof as any, as you can see by my throwing it into the snow for the photos. 8-)

Remora owner Alan's running a 25% off sale right now: Home of the Original Remora No Clip IWB Concealment Holster

This is my favorite Remora to date - and I have more than a dozen of them for various guns. :)

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I'm sure these holsters work well for light weight guns, but how well do they retain heavier full sized ones? I hear good thing about these holsters but I am skeptical about how well they hold heavier guns and if there is a chance the holster could come out with the draw.

Thanks for the write up and pictures by the way!

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    Thanks for the kind words. Well, the heaviest gun I use with a Remora is a Ruger P90, which is a pretty large gun. Fully loaded, it's decently heavy and of a decent size. This is the gun that I gave the "shakedown cruise" for Remoras in - I put it on (appendix), cinched on my belt, and then scrambled up the face of the side of Bear Canyon over boulders. The Remora stayed in place and the gun didn't get sweaty.

Size of the gun and activity you're doing and how you wear it and the "rise" of your trousers definitely matter, though, with regard to how well a Remora'd gun doesn't move. For instance, I find that I do a heck of a lot of up and down movement when gardening - and if I don't have the relatively large P90 placed properly in my pants, my thigh is going to brush the bottom of the thing and shove it upward. (Again, I'm wearing it in the front - off to the side where it does not point at anything essential. Worn behind the hip, it would probably not move during gardening activity.) For appendix carry, I find that anything with a 4" barrel (the P90 has a 4.25", my P220 Compact has a 3.9") or shorter doesn't move, regardless of what I'm doing.

Another possible consideration is the shape the wearer is in - I can only speak for myself (decently trim) on this one.

Anyhow, given all the IWBs I've bought since I first got my pink sheet back in the mid-'80s, when the Remoras first came out (priced at about $30), I kind of thought, "Where've you been all this time?" They work for me. :)

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You can find videos on YouTube that shows a guy doing summersaults with a 1911 in a remora holster. These holsters hold.

Your Remora Indiana Representitive.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have one for my Glock 23 and it works every bit as well as my Remoras for my small Kel Tecs and Kahr. In fact, I have been a Crossbreed supertuck user for about 6 years or so and I like carrying the Glocks in this Remora much better.

Top Bottom