Remote veiwable security cameras other than Ring or Arlo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    What is the brand of the one at Sam's club? That sounds like just what I want!

Night Owl was one I looked at. Forget the other.

Night Owl was the hardwired system with a 1TB hard drive. It also had WiFi connectivity so you could see what was happening from your phone or pad. $350.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Have you done any research into the quality of the picture you are going to get at the ranges you are looking at? When I started looking at cameras, I did a lot of research and that was one thing I hadn't really considered. To get a license plate or good picture of a face is pretty hard at any distance. Plus like any camera there is a lot more to image quality than just what resolution the camera records the video at.

I would suggest looking around the IP Cam Talk forum. They have a lot of good information and tips for IP camera selection and use.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My wife and I picked up a Ring Floodlight Cam for the backyard tonight. I would have preferred something cheaper (costs as much as 2 battery cameras) but it's 1080p, was a 10 minute install, and Ring is a stable company who's stuff just works well.

Almost 1/2 of our property is now covered, so I still have a ways to go.

Top Bottom