Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    ****UPDATE*****

I HAVE AUDIO ON THE REASON - SHOCKING

bpscanscan0001.jpg

------

A family member was told that they must remove thier guns from the apartment or they will be evicted.

The person just had them stored in a bedroom closet and during the inspection of the unit, the inspector opened up the gun case and noticed it was an evil AR-15! This person has a gun permit, and was told to remove the weapons from the unit or be evicted. The bedroom is locked and the other roommates have no access to the bedroom walk in closet.

The family member was told, that after re-inspection and if gun free, the eviction would be waived.

I read the contract and it says nothing about guns being banned. It does say that if us do something stupid with a weapon or threaten others, you are subject to eviction.

Again, nothing stating the units are gun free.

I'm about to go talk to the manager and I'm taking a recording device with me. I predict a major screw up on the manager in the next hour or so!

Wish me luck. My blackberry has audio files in .amr , anyone have a way to convert them to wav or other easy access audio files?

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hmmm.... sounds fishy.

Unless the "no guns" was in the contract, I don't see how they can void it?

Unless the tenant gave permission to search the residence, I don't see how the "inspector" had any right to open a closed case?

Sounds like you might need to speak to an attorney.

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    it will be hard to evict them regardless of the circumstance. it took me 6 months to get out some bad renters following the law. if it does not specify in the lease then they are within their rights as long as no city ordernace was broken and it is a legal weapon. without seeing the lease and based off what you said the landlord will not be able to evict them.

however they will most likely not want to stay there after this problem arises. it depends on how far they want to take their 2nd amendment rights for a apartment. i would make sure they are definatley following the law with everthing before i would make a uproar. you can bet the police will be out.

:popcorn:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Not a lawyer here, but I would check for a "Catch all" type section in the Lease agreement. If nothing like that exsists in there I would think that having a perfectly legal gun, would not be grounds for an eviction. Be sure to keep it on the up and up, and educate the manager on the 2nd Ammendment.... Politely.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I have 6 minutes of audio that is just amazing! It is in 11, 30 second .amr files and I want help putting it on youtube......

Amazing and stupid comments, "the type of gun was the reason" for eviction if not removed.

I predict millions of hits on this one, based on the stupidity of the comments. I need help to make this look good!

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    [ame=http://download.cnet.com/FreeStar-Free-AMR-MP3-Converter/3000-2140_4-10925225.html]FreeStar Free AMR MP3 Converter - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com[/ame]

Let's hear it.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Unless they signed a lease stating they wouldn't have that gun there, it's not a legal eviction. No use in lawyering up until they actually attempt to evict. They can switch the reason for the eviction in a heartbeat until they make a record of saying why they are evicting on paper or in court.

And what are the laws on recording conversations without the other party knowing in Indiana (assuming that's where this was done)? Did you record it in person or over the phone? Don't get yourself into trouble here.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    And what are the laws on recording conversations without the other party knowing in Indiana (assuming that's where this was done)? Did you record it in person or over the phone? Don't get yourself into trouble here.

Only one person required to be aware of the recording here in Indiana. I had occasion to take advantage of this fact once.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Wow, I'd really hate to see your buddy's landlord's reaction to the evil rifles in my apartment.

Heck, the amount of ammunition alone would probably be enough for them to think I was planning a mass extinction of the apartment complex.

Top Bottom