• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    That's the reason I never buy reloads. You never know what they have been loaded with or who did the reloading. A friend of mine bought some .30 carbine reloads at a gun show, took them home and loaded his mint WW2 carbine. First shot blew up the gun. He was lucky that his injuries were not serious. But still a hard lesson learned.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Wait till you squib a polygonal barrel... they absolutely do seal the bore much better: lots more bearing surface area so that f****r's stuck in there.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Since you already got it out of the gun, I am going to tell a little story.

In 1971 I was a 20 year old EOD soldier stationed at TCAAP in Arden Hills, Minnesota. The Minnesota Air National Guard at MSP airport had 15,000 38 special ball rounds that were past date and needed to be disposed of. It just so happened that an alcoholic SFC was passing through my unit on his way to retirement and death in a flophouse somewhere and he had a S&W Model 15 GI revolver that he was willing to trade for a case of Grain Belt beer. We made the trade and I started disposing of the ammo, one round at a time. Over the next year or so life was good and I carried that revolver and as much ammo as I could carry in my IED defusal and disposal gear. I shot that ammo up in gravel pits all over the Midwest while blowing up a variety of IEDS.

Until I had a squib one day. It kind of scared me how the gases leaked back past the brass cartridge. I was plenty used to blowing things up, but the squib and that hissing gas was beyond my experience. It freaked me out. The next time I went to Camp Ripley to blow up some accumulated military ordnance, I put that revolver on top of the shot and some C4 on top of it. And blew that revolver up with a bunch of 155 howitzer rounds.

I have always regretted my lack of knowledge and destroying that fine revolver. The 1911A1 was not as friendly to carry the rest of my tour in CONUS. And I really regret the FBI Thompsons SMG's I blew up when they switched to the UZI....But that is another story....And I really didn't have a choice.

This story hurts my heart.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom