• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Question for INGO. I have wanted a stainless model seven for some time and they started making them again. I noticed that the synthetic, stainless model runs about $150 less than the laminate or walnut stocked blue models. Synthetic "parkerized" model is about $75 less than the stainless. Does anyone know what drives the larger price difference between the wood/blue and synthetic/stainless models? When they made them several years ago the prices were pretty comparable. I am wondering if they took some shortcuts on the stainless model.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I agree, but stainless is more expensive and harder to machine. I was thinking it should be a wash, like it was the last time they made the laminate/blue and synthetic/stainless one at the same time.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Get an older stainless one in HS stock, then have it rebarreled to a bit heavier (I know some were super lightweight bbl).
    I had one. Shot OK. Shoulda kept it and rebarreled.
    Just a little too light for my tastes.
    Prices went silly since then.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Don't know the new production 7s, but the older generation synthetic stocks were tanks, around 40 oz. Big green made laminate and wood lighter.

How that figures in to their pricing department's pricing is anyone's guess but theirs. Maybe they are catching on.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    They proly used the old Six Enterprises glass filled polyester stuff (cheap).
    They did some with the HS precision stocks, pretty light.
    Not sure what their limited run .35 remington versions used........but they are stupid priced if you can find one.

Top Bottom