• ...and so much more!
  • awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hello,

EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW!!! Use the L1 Method. It took me 8 days to get my lifetime permit. I filed last Monday and just got it today (Tuesday):rockwoot:. Easy process! Filled out online application, went to L1 paid some money, then went to the City County building with a blank check filled out some paperwork saying I am sane, and now I am legal. Carried my gun in my car to get the thing laminated at the local UPS store!

Thanks,
    Matthew:rockwoot:

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    L-1 seems to be the way to go. Warrick county doesn't offer online applications though.

Talked to the Warrick County Sheriffs office today and they said they will be able to accept online applications as of January 1, 2011.

Now the question I have, should I apply for my permit now and wait the 12 weeks for it to show up or should I wait till they are online 1/1/11 and use L-1?

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    well it's going to be about 12 weeks with the traditional way, and probably more like 7 or 8 with the L-1. so is getting your lifetime LTCH 4 weeks earlier worth it to pay 10 more dollars? For me that would be a yes!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now come Blackford and Martin Counties. Residents of these counties and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting. (Edit: Please click HERE to see Vince49's post #206 in this thread for more info on the difference.)

The list of counties follows:

1. ADAMS
    2. ALLEN
    3. BARTHOLOMEW
    4. BLACKFORD
    5. BOONE
    6. BROWN
    7. CASS
    8. CLARK
    9. CLINTON
    10. DELAWARE
    11. ELKHART
    12. FLOYD
    13. GREENE
    14. HARRISON
    15. HAMILTON
    16. HENDRICKS
    17. HOWARD
    18. JACKSON
    19. JAY
    20. JENNINGS
    21. JOHNSON
    22. LA PORTE
    23. LAKE
    24. LAWRENCE
    25. MARION
    26. MARTIN
    27. MIAMI
    28. MONROE
    29. MONTGOMERY
    30. NEWTON
    31. OWEN
    32. PARKE
    33. PORTER
    34. PUTNAM
    35. SCOTT
    36. SHELBY
    37. ST JOSEPH
    38. TIPPECANOE
    39. VERMILLION
    40. VIGO
    41. WASHINGTON
    42. WAYNE
    43. WELLS
    This brings our ratio to 43 of 92 counties, or 46.74%

The information on this can be found at Application for Handgun License

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now come Benton, Carroll, Clay, Crawford, Daviess and Dearborn Counties. Residents of these counties and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting. (Edit: Please click HERE to see Vince49's post #206 in this thread for more info on the difference.)

The list of counties (in black) follows:

Adams______________________________Hendricks_________________________Pike
    Allen______________________________Henry_____________________________Porter
    Bartholomew________________________Howard____________________________Posey
    Benton_____________________________Huntington________________________Pulaski
    Blackford__________________________Jackson___________________________Putnam
    Boone______________________________Jasper____________________________Randolph
    Brown______________________________Jay_______________________________Ripley
    Carroll____________________________Jefferson_________________________Rush
    Cass_______________________________Jennings__________________________Scott
    Clark______________________________Johnson___________________________Shelby
    Clay_______________________________Knox______________________________Spencer
    Clinton____________________________Kosciusko_________________________St Joseph
    Crawford___________________________LaGrange__________________________Starke
    Daviess____________________________Lake______________________________Steuben
    Dearborn___________________________LaPorte___________________________Sullivan
    Decatur____________________________Lawrence__________________________Switzerland
    DeKalb_____________________________Madison___________________________Tippecanoe
    Delaware___________________________Marion____________________________Tipton
    Dubois_____________________________Marshall__________________________Union
    Elkhart____________________________Martin____________________________Vanderburgh
    Fayette____________________________Miami_____________________________Vermillion
    Floyd______________________________Monroe____________________________Vigo
    Fountain___________________________Montgomery________________________Wabash
    Franklin___________________________Morgan____________________________Warren
    Fulton_____________________________Newton____________________________Warrick
    Gibson_____________________________Noble_____________________________Washington
    Grant______________________________Ohio______________________________Wayne
    Greene_____________________________Orange____________________________Wells
    Hamilton___________________________Owen______________________________White
    Hancock____________________________Parke_____________________________Whitley
    Harrison___________________________Perry

This brings our ratio to 49 of 92 counties, or 53.26% :woot: Over half!

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have one question and that is: what is L-1?

L-1 is a security information processing company that the state has contracted with to process LTCH applications. It is not required that you use them, but using L-1 speeds up application procedures to two weeks or less. It will cost you an extra $10.95 to do this. Well worth it IMHO.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    L-1 is a security information processing company that the state has contracted with to process LTCH applications. It is not required that you use them, but using L-1 speeds up application procedures to two weeks or less. It will cost you an extra $10.95 to do this. Well worth it IMHO.
    Where do I go to use L1?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Today is December 10, 2010. In a little over a week, Dec. 19, exactly two years will have passed since my first post in this thread. When I made that post, six counties had come on board with the online application process. That's slightly over half a percent of our total counties. At this writing, we have now over half of our state's counties onboard, and more being added regularly. We still have 43 counties to go, so still some work ahead, but the more that begin using it, the harder it will be for any to say it doesn't work.

Look at the list I just reformatted in post #265. Is your county name grayed out? Contact your sheriff! Contact your police chief(s)! Let them know you don't want others in your county having to wait solely because of some bureaucratic nonsense.

We've made great strides moving forward on this. I'd like to congratulate everyone who has worked to make it happen in your counties and encourage those who haven't to do so... even if not for your own county, what about the folks across the line next to yours? Sure, you could let them take care of it themselves, but do they even know about it? Start telling people!

I'd like to see all of those counties in black this time next year.

Blessings,
    Bill

michaelw2608

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    My buddy is applying for his license to carry a handgun and I told him he should do the online application and go with the L-1 route for the fingerprints. He lives in Hamilton County and since I didn't do the L-1 for my fingerprints I don't really know how the process works. Could anyone explain this to me so I can relay the information to my friend?

Thanks

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now come Benton, Carroll, Clay, Crawford, Daviess and Dearborn Counties. Residents of these counties and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting. (Edit: Please click HERE to see Vince49's post #206 in this thread for more info on the difference.)

Decatur____________________________Lawrence__________________________Switzerland
    Elkhart____________________________Martin____________________________Vanderburgh

This brings our ratio to 49 of 92 counties, or 53.26% :woot: Over half!

Blessings,
    Bill

Looks like Vanderburgh can now be added to the list! Hopefully Warrick is the next one!!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now come DeKalb, Decatur, Dubois, Fayette, Fountain, and Vanderburgh Counties. Residents of these counties and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting. (Please click HERE to see Vince49's post #206 in this thread for more info on the difference.)

This brings our ratio to 55 of 92 counties, or 59.78%

Blessings,
    Bill

panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    My buddy is applying for his license to carry a handgun and I told him he should do the online application and go with the L-1 route for the fingerprints. He lives in Hamilton County and since I didn't do the L-1 for my fingerprints I don't really know how the process works. Could anyone explain this to me so I can relay the information to my friend?

Thanks

I just recently got my lifetime LTCH permit (Nov 23rd) and used the L-1 inkless fingerprinting. What I basically did was use the online form. Then after you complete the form there will be a link to use the L-1 fingerprinting. It costs $10.95 more to use and it will give you a list of locations close to you. You make an appointment then go in and they fingerprint you using a computerized system. At this time you pay the state fees as well ($75). You WILL still need to go to your local police department and pay the $50 fee. After that they will email you to let you know they are processing it and 2 weeks later you will have your license. It was definitely worth the extra $10.95

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now come Franklin, Fulton, Gibson, Grant, Hancock, and Wabash Counties. Residents of these counties and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting. (Please click HERE to see Vince49's post #206 in this thread for more info on the difference.)

This brings our ratio to 61 of 92 counties, or 66.30%

Blessings,
    Bill

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Just do an amended license through the state police

I'm in the process of doing the same. And, part of the licensing requirement is that you notify the ISP within 60 days of moving to a new address.

Here's a link; ISP: Firearms Licensing

Click on "Duplicate Handgun License Request" and it will take you to a PDF form to fill out and mail in. You can request a new copy of your license with your new address for a $20 fee, payable by MO or certified check.

You don't have to get a new license for an address change, but know that it may no longer match other forms of ID that you may have (like Driver's license).

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now come Henry, Huntington, Jasper, Jefferson, and Knox Counties. Residents of these counties and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting. (Please click HERE to see Vince49's post #206 in this thread for more info on the difference.)

Adams____________________Franklin_________________Lawrence_________________Rush
    Allen____________________Fulton___________________Madison__________________St Joseph
    Bartholomew______________Gibson___________________Marion___________________Scott
    Benton___________________Grant____________________Marshall_________________Shelby
    Blackford________________Greene___________________Martin___________________Spencer
    Boone____________________Hamilton_________________Miami____________________Starke
    Brown____________________Hancock__________________Monroe___________________Steuben
    Carroll__________________Harrison_________________Montgomery_______________Sullivan
    Cass_____________________Hendricks________________Morgan___________________Switzerland
    Clark____________________Henry____________________Newton___________________Tippecanoe
    Clay_____________________Howard___________________Noble____________________Tipton
    Clinton__________________Huntington_______________Ohio_____________________Union
    Crawford_________________Jackson__________________Orange___________________Vanderburgh
    Daviess__________________Jasper___________________Owen_____________________Vermillion
    Dearborn_________________Jay______________________Parke____________________Vigo
    Decatur__________________Jefferson________________Perry____________________Wabash
    De Kalb__________________Jennings_________________Pike_____________________Warren
    Delaware_________________Johnson__________________Porter___________________Warrick
    Dubois___________________Knox_____________________Posey____________________Washington
    Elkhart__________________Kosciusko________________Pulaski__________________Wayne
    Fayette__________________LaGrange_________________Putnam___________________Wells
    Floyd____________________Lake_____________________Randolph_________________White
    Fountain_________________La Porte_________________Ripley___________________Whitley

This brings our ratio to 66 of 92 counties, or 71.74%

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'm considering becoming an IN resident (due to finally finding a way out of my house in MN) and will obviously need to get my LTCH here. I will be living in Morgan Co and thus cannot currently use the online method. Does this mean I cannot use the L1 method either? If I can still go the L1 route, where and how would I go about that part of the process? Also I see a spot on the app asking if I have previously held a license but no place for me to put WHERE I had/have one, since my current permit is in MN, what do I do about that? I cannot stand the thought of surrendering my current permit for ANY length of time to wait for a new one as I feel completely naked without my gun and don't even know if I could walk a straight line due to not being balanced.....HELP!

Top Bottom