• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruizer13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    For all whom live in Marshall County. I applied online on 4/19/12, scheduled L-1 for 4/20/12 at 8:30 a.m., and paid my $84.95 ($75 for State and $9.95 for L-1). L-1 fingerprinting is in the Marshall County Sheriff Building on Pioneer Drive. They only print on Fridays. Walk straight in and a fingerprint station is set-up in the visiting area (scanner, no ink! Yeah!). Did fingerprints, then the window just to the left is a lovely lady who will take your driver license (photo ID) and money order for $50 county (local) fee. 5 minutes later she said I'd receive my license in 7-10 days. I received it today 4/26/12 (6 days). She lied! Pretty smooth transaction since I didn't have any violations, but remember within city limits you must go to the local police department instead of Sheriffs Office after fingerprinting.

Good luck to all!

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    I will call my local PD and ISP on Monday, but wondering if anyone here could chime in.
    I completed my LTCH application on 4/21/2012 and scheduled my L-1 fingerprinting on 05/04/2012, followed by a visit to my Local PD on the same day. So far, so good.
    When I got home, I noticed on the Local PD copy, the question "Have you had a previous Indiana handgun license?" When filling out the online application, that same question reads "Have you had a previous handgun license". I answered YES to this question, since I have an Arizona CCW permit.
    Now, there is a discrepancy on my application and I am worried this is going to cause a delay or worse. Any thoughts?
    ***UPDATE 05-07-2012***
    Called my Local PD, whom indicated they are unable to do anything after the application has been submitted.
    Called Indiana State Police, spoke to a young lady who transferred me to her supervisor. The Gentlemen indicated the difference in verbiage was supposed to have been updated on the website and it would be no big deal. It would have been a different story, if I indicated NO and if the results ended up being that any previous LTCH was revoked or suspended.
    I look forward to receiving my LTCH soon and will update this thread with the total wait time. I am watching the mail like a hawk!!
    ***UPDATE 06/16/2012***
    I've been watching my mail like a hawk for over a month. I finally received my lifetime LTCH on Monday June 11. Twenty five days, 19 hours and 10 minutes.

Last edited:

achilles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Hello everyone. I recently relocated back to Indiana after 20+ years out of state. I want to apply for my LTCH and I noticed on the L1 form it asks whether you have every had a ccw license before. I had a concealed carry permit in Indiana that was issued around 1981 or 1982 but don't have a copy of it so I have no idea what the number was. Would anyone know where I would go to look up that permit number? Thanks for any help.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Hello everyone. I recently relocated back to Indiana after 20+ years out of state. I want to apply for my LTCH and I noticed on the L1 form it asks whether you have every had a ccw license before. I had a concealed carry permit in Indiana that was issued around 1981 or 1982 but don't have a copy of it so I have no idea what the number was. Would anyone know where I would go to look up that permit number? Thanks for any help.

I was in the same situation. I had let my permit expire and didn't have one for a couple of years. When I decided to get another permit, I had no record of the old permit number. I think I just filled in the year, on my application I just wrote "1989 (approx)". The LTCH clerk in my town's police department said not to worry about it. I had no issues at all.

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    -1 for Elwood PD

Was talking to a co-worker in Elwood today. She told me that she went to the local PD to apply for her LTCH and was told that she had to be 21 to apply for it. I told her BS and that you only had to be 18 to be able to get one.

ShyKat.22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Vincennes, Indiana
    I just did mine in Marion County last thursday (6-7)
    It was incredibly easy.
    Go to Application for Handgun License
    fill all that out.
    Depending on where you live, pick a location to do your L-1 Fingerprinting. I did mine in greenwood off of Main street. They'll fill out a little paper and send you to the City County building in downtown Indianapolis.
    Go there, pay your fee, get your index and thumb reprinted and you're sent on your way.

I'll be posting in another thread about how long it takes to get mine and the bf's. Good luck

mheymann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    Just got done applying for mine.

Went to Application for Handgun License and filled it out. It told me to either make an appointment with L1, and gave me a link to make an appointment online, or to go to my local police department.

I live in Fort Wayne so I made an appointment at the L1 on E. Berry Street. Took no more then 3 minutes. I called the FWPD and they said all I needed was the paper L1 gave me, my ID, and $50 Cash or Money order. So I went to the FW Police Department on Main and paid the grumpy lady behind the glass window and now I play the waiting game :popcorn:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Someone i know wants to get a lifetime license but had a DUI in 1984. Nothing since. I dont think it would be denied for that but i've never had a dui so my license went through no problem. I know when you apply that it asks about that. Any help would be appreciated

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    I have a question, I just filled out my app online for my indiana carry permit in st joseph county goin next friday to be fingerprinted an pay the fees, can anyone tell me on average about how long it takes to receive your permit in the mail?

nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    I just applied this morning & did the L1 finger printing this afternoon. The Sheriff's office told me it would be 7-10 business days before I should have my LTCH as long as there were no delays.

brentlh

Marksman
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    May 11, 2012
    Muncie
    From what I have seen the state seems pretty quick in processing your application. The quicker they get it from the local PD the quicker you get it.

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Thanks for the info I just went this morning did the L-1 fingerprinting and paid my fees the sherrifs office told me it would be 7 to 14 days, went an bought a new gun too lol

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I have a question, I just filled out my app online for my indiana carry permit in st joseph county goin next friday to be fingerprinted an pay the fees, can anyone tell me on average about how long it takes to receive your permit in the mail?

I'm on week #5....local PD had it for 4 weeks...and so far the State for a week. No word yet on when it gets through.

Wish I had known about the L1 option....lol...I hate waiting.

Last edited:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I used the L1 Option In Vigo Co. on the Aug. 17 and still nothing yet. I had to mail a copy of the online application given to me by Vigo Co. Sheriff with a few other papers because technically i am still an Illinois resident (that works in Indiana).

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    I did the local PD stop last Friday and received it in the mail yesterday (Friday) so 1 week with the L1.

Top Bottom