• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aka-kesler

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Ok.. My wife wants to get her lifetime LTC. We live in a county with no fingerprint scan to do the L-1. Can she go get the scan in another co. and turn in all paperwork to our local P.D. ??? any info on this would be helpful..

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Do you have to have a money order to pay at the city county building (for local) or can you pay cash?

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I bet the ISP will start seeing a steady increase in applications due to the upcoming elections. I got my LTCH about a month ago and it only took 8 days, but my wife just applied this week. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for my wife to get hers or for you guys to get yours. I'm pulling for ya :yesway:

David202

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm glad to see things are moving a bit faster now. I applied in December 2011 and didn't get mine until March 2012. Didn't go with the L1 option. This was in Marion county.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Does a previous unlawful discharge of firearm dq someone from a ltch?

Was it a conviction?

Indiana Code said:
    IC 35-47-1-7
    "Proper person"
    Sec. 7. "Proper person" means a person who:
    (1) does not have a conviction for resisting law enforcement under IC 35-44.1-3-1 within five (5) years before the person applies for a license or permit under this chapter;
    (2) does not have a conviction for a crime for which the person could have been sentenced for more than one (1) year;
    (3) does not have a conviction for a crime of domestic violence (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-78), unless a court has restored the person's right to possess a firearm under IC 35-47-4-7;
    (4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a

handgun;
    (5) does not have a record of being an alcohol or drug abuser as defined in this chapter;
    (6) does not have documented evidence which would give rise to a reasonable belief that the person has a propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct;
    (7) does not make a false statement of material fact on the person's application;
    (8) does not have a conviction for any crime involving an inability to safely handle a handgun;
    (9) does not have a conviction for violation of the provisions of this article within five (5) years of the person's application;
    (10) does not have an adjudication as a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult, if the person applying for a license or permit under this chapter is less than twenty-three (23) years of age;
    (11) has not been involuntarily committed, other than a temporary commitment for observation or evaluation, to a mental institution by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority;
    (12) has not been the subject of a:
    (A) ninety (90) day commitment as a result of proceeding under IC 12-26-6; or
    (B) regular commitment under IC 12-26-7; or
    (13) has not been found by a court to be mentally incompetent, including being found:
    (A) not guilty by reason of insanity;
    (B) guilty but mentally ill; or
    (C) incompetent to stand trial.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.191-1984, SEC.1; P.L.148-1987, SEC.3; P.L.269-1995, SEC.5; P.L.49-2005, SEC.1; P.L.118-2007, SEC.34; P.L.127-2011, SEC.3; P.L.114-2012, SEC.139; P.L.126-2012, SEC.57.

michaelw2608

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Quick question, I've searched the thread and looked on the ISP website. Maybe I'm a bad searcher but I couldn't find this anywhere.

I moved to Indianapolis in June. I have a lifetime LTCH, but I forgot to send in the change of address form. I am mailing the form tomorrow, so I will not be carrying for awhile (since I didn't inform them within 60 days).
    Am I good to carry as soon as I get an updated license from them?
    Are there any special precautions I should take?
    If this was asked somewhere and I missed it point me in the right direction. Thanks

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    Someone i know wants to get a lifetime license but had a DUI in 1984. Nothing since. I dont think it would be denied for that but i've never had a dui so my license went through no problem. I know when you apply that it asks about that. Any help would be appreciated

if thats all it was, it won't be a problem, I had one when I was 19yrs old in 1995 and got my Lifetime carry permit in 2011

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Quick question, I've searched the thread and looked on the ISP website. Maybe I'm a bad searcher but I couldn't find this anywhere.

I moved to Indianapolis in June. I have a lifetime LTCH, but I forgot to send in the change of address form. I am mailing the form tomorrow, so I will not be carrying for awhile (since I didn't inform them within 60 days).
    Am I good to carry as soon as I get an updated license from them?
    Are there any special precautions I should take?
    If this was asked somewhere and I missed it point me in the right direction. Thanks

This may help..

ISP: Firearms Licensing

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I just appied to get my LTCH renewed and upgraded to lifetime status. I selected to use the L1 and when it came time to pay I selected "pay now using Credit Card" and in the next screen it was trying to get me to use US bank Epay? It did say Registration was complete but It wouldnt let me make a payment because I dont have an Epay accnt. It did say I can pay at the time of my appointment but it would have to be a money order.

This is the first time Ive tried to use the online renewal system. Is this normal? Can I pay with my card at my appointment or should I bring a money order? And Who do i make the money order out to?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I just appied to get my LTCH renewed and upgraded to lifetime status. I selected to use the L1 and when it came time to pay I selected "pay now using Credit Card" and in the next screen it was trying to get me to use US bank Epay? It did say Registration was complete but It wouldnt let me make a payment because I dont have an Epay accnt. It did say I can pay at the time of my appointment but it would have to be a money order.

This is the first time Ive tried to use the online renewal system. Is this normal? Can I pay with my card at my appointment or should I bring a money order? And Who do i make the money order out to?

You don't need an "epay" account. It's just a way of processing your card online. :cool:

Top Bottom