• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shutterbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Was just on the application site for LTCH. it appears to be broken. Many categories are missing. (county, race, hair color, ect....) tried filling out other categories and hit continue, but says it's missing info..... tried using the site with explorer, firefox, and chrome, all with the same results....
    anyone else experience this tonight?

I had that problem when I did my application a few months back. The next day, it was fine.

oldad

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    You have to wait until you are within 365 days of expiration before you can apply for the lifetime. Also, the new LTCH will not be mailed out until just before the 4 year expires. :twocents:
    thank you should have waited till i had the money i reckon

cbko4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Danville
    Just finished my application for LTCH, set my appointment at the state police government building for tomorrow morning to get my fingerprints done, then off to the sheriff's department to finish local payment and procedures, so hopefully I will have saved up the money for my 1911 by the time the LTCH arrives :)

lww

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    West Lafayette
    New LTCH procedure?

So, I started the LTCH dance by submitting the online application on Tuesday (1/8/13). The first available L-1 fingerprint slot here in Lafayette or West Lafayette was 2 weeks out. I opted to take a drive up to the Logansport L-1 location today (1/10/13). The L-1 appointment was quick and easy.

When I got back to West Lafayette I went over to the WLPD station with my L-1 receipt prepared to pay the $50 and wait for months. Instead, they just copied my driver's license and L-1 receipt and I was told that the process would be as follows:

1. WLPD will do the background check
    2. In 2 weeks I call WLPD to get the results of the background check
    3. Assuming the BG check is favorable, I go back to WLPD and pay the $50 local fee.
    4. WLPD sends application and completed BG check to the ISP
    5. LTCH issued in "a couple of weeks"

We'll see!

--Bill

Last edited:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Got my L-1 fingerprinting done today at the Warrick County Child protection Services. Seems fitting... Went on down to the Sheriff's office and paid the local fee. Now I wait...

Cestep72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Once you apply how long does it take to receive it? I have a clean record so there shouldnt be any problems.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    So, just to be clear, since I'm about to renew to my lifetime LTCH, and haven't done L-1.

1. Fill out form online @ aries.
    2. Schedule L-1 for fingerprinting (and pay state fees + L-1 fee).
    3. Deliver L-1 paperwork to City County Bldg downtown.
    4. Pay (with cash/check/money order) local fees (or is this included in the L-1 process).
    5. (Possibly) get finger printed a 2nd time.

I know, I'm lazy for not grubbing out the info myself, sue me...

:rockwoot:I'm not just filling out my paperwork, though. My wife is getting her pink paper as well. Her words... "if they're going to publish who has permits, may as well make people think I have a gun whether I do or not"

Joedert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Reaplying after 30 years

Dont have my old permit. Only had it the 1st 4 years and never reapplied. Do I just apply for a first time permit? Or is there a place online to find my old permit number. Thanks

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    Dont have my old permit. Only had it the 1st 4 years and never reapplied. Do I just apply for a first time permit? Or is there a place online to find my old permit number. Thanks

What i was told when i filled out my app online from the ISP. Fill out the application and when it comes to the part that asks if you have ever had a permit before, check the yes box. Then just "guess" the year and in the permit number put "unknown". This is what i done and is what the state police told me to do for my app.

DKY197

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Monroe County
    I apologize for being lazy but here's my situation. I have a 4 year LTCH and I'm stationed in Okinawa so my issue is that it will expire before I EAS. Coming home is extremely expensive and my command is making it as hard as possible for me (two requests sat on until it was too late, October and December.) I'm now trying to come back in the next couple months but that will be right before the 3 year mark on my permit. I seem to remember something about a time frame on renewal/upgrade to lifetime, something like no sooner than 1 year from expiration date.

Is this true to anyone's knowledge? Do I have to wait until 1 year from expiration to upgrade to lifetime?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I apologize for being lazy but here's my situation. I have a 4 year LTCH and I'm stationed in Okinawa so my issue is that it will expire before I EAS. Coming home is extremely expensive and my command is making it as hard as possible for me (two requests sat on until it was too late, October and December.) I'm now trying to come back in the next couple months but that will be right before the 3 year mark on my permit. I seem to remember something about a time frame on renewal/upgrade to lifetime, something like no sooner than 1 year from expiration date.

Is this true to anyone's knowledge? Do I have to wait until 1 year from expiration to upgrade to lifetime?

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/2010_Firearms_licensing_FAQs(1).pdf

I currently have a handgun license and I want a lifetime license. When can I apply
    for my lifetime license?
    According to IC 35-47-2-6, the period during which an application for the renewal of an
    existing license may be filed begins 365 before the expiration of the existing license.

nicktw25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    http://www.in.gov/isp/files/2010_Firearms_licensing_FAQs(1).pdf

I currently have a handgun license and I want a lifetime license. When can I apply
    for my lifetime license?
    According to IC 35-47-2-6, the period during which an application for the renewal of an
    existing license may be filed begins 365 before the expiration of the existing license.

Yes, you have to wait 3 years after getting your handgun license to apply for a lifetime license.

hysteria

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Figured I'd ask here to avoid adding another thread:
    I have my lifetime ltch, and have previously alerted ISP to address change(s). I never had a new license issued with a new address, since it cost $20, and wasn't required.
    Now, if I order a replacement license due to mine being lost, destroyed, unreadable whatever which address should I fill out the form with? The form form ISPs website asks for "original license info." I don't know what they retain, so I'm not sure which address to use in that section. Since I'll have to mail in a cashier's check, I want to avoid any delays or issues.
    I tried calling the licensing section, but waited through the automated voice only to get a busy signal.

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    Figured I'd ask here to avoid adding another thread:
    I have my lifetime ltch, and have previously alerted ISP to address change(s). I never had a new license issued with a new address, since it cost $20, and wasn't required.
    Now, if I order a replacement license due to mine being lost, destroyed, unreadable whatever which address should I fill out the form with? The form form ISPs website asks for "original license info." I don't know what they retain, so I'm not sure which address to use in that section. Since I'll have to mail in a cashier's check, I want to avoid any delays or issues.
    I tried calling the licensing section, but waited through the automated voice only to get a busy signal.

When you call and it goes to the message, automatically push 0. just keep doing it over and over till you get through ;)

Top Bottom