• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Apparently the issue is an idiosyncrasy within VB software. The rep power one can give is based on their longevity on the site as well as their number of posts. We have been working on finding a "fix" or "workaround" but have thus far been unsuccessful. For now, it is what it is.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    So before (when we also had a rep pyramid and status update threads), rep was meaningless because "they took away negative rep". Now, we have negative rep, but rep is meaningless because of the rep pyramid and status update threads...

I'd wager a guess that rep has always been meaningless and always will be. After all, this is the the internet.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So before (when we also had a rep pyramid and status update threads), rep was meaningless because "they took away negative rep". Now, we have negative rep, but rep is meaningless because of the rep pyramid and status update threads...

I'd wager a guess that rep has always been meaningless and always will be. After all, this is the the internet.

I say we go to the Rep Pyramid thread and start handing out Negative rep and see if anyone even notices

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I say we go to the Rep Pyramid thread and start handing out Negative rep and see if anyone even notices
    CPT Nervous tried that. You run out of negative rep pretty quick. I've still only ever given out 2 negative reps (dispite my membership in the super secret "neg rep hit squad"), and both were well deserved.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I can't remember if I ever gave one out besides one time when a member was asking for them. I got a neg rep once, it was a drive by, they neg repped the wrong post, he apologized

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why are people so hung up about reps? The rep pyramid made the rep system meaningless.
    Only if the person has rep generated from that thread. Some of us don't. I like the way the rep system allows me to let someone know I agree, and perhaps add a comment without posting or taking up PM space.

for a very short period of time we had the ability to "like" posts around here. That was ideal. But rep is good enough.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Only if the person has rep generated from that thread. Some of us don't. I like the way the rep system allows me to let someone know I agree, and perhaps add a comment without posting or taking up PM space.

for a very short period of time we had the ability to "like" posts around here. That was ideal. But rep is good enough.

The 'like' function was awesome! I wish it would have been kept. I really can't figure out how they thought it was going to cause problems.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

I got a few from the Pyramid when I went there to mock them. :):

I did like the "Like" the short time we had it

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The 'like' function was awesome! I wish it would have been kept. I really can't figure out how they thought it was going to cause problems.
    I know. If anything it would have eliminated some trouble. Like the "well, I'm getting lots of rep for my opinion that nobody seems to like".

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm glad they brought back neg rep. I don't think I have ever used it except once (dinged one of my oldest and best buddies to make sure it worked lol), but as a matter of principle I'm glad it's back as a matter of principle..

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I could care less about rep.............gotta consider the sources it comes from.
    I've gotten positive rep many times, from folks who missed what I was getting at LOL.
    Also got neg rep from butthurt rubes.

It's all a joke IMHO.

But when somebody does "get it" or makes a good point (or one that catches me off guard and makes me laugh) I'll toss whatever I can their way.

If I could give out neg rep, if only for calling out stupidity..............I wouldn't have time to post the super cool stuff I do.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I could care less about rep..............
    Well at least you care a little.

could_care_less.jpg

Top Bottom